New bumper

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i hit a deer on thursday and now i have some fixing to do. Im looking for an aftermarket bumper i looked at ali arc and dont like em, what do you guys have or reccomend for a new body chev. Pictures please.

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for bumpers for quite some time and when I get home I am going with these guys Bulletproof Bumpers

My buddy ordered a read armor and it took about 4 months to show up and it was a POS, the coating it came with flaked and rusted and it wasnt worth the money.

Good luck finding a bumper.

James

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got fab fours on my dodge. I have hit 3 deer since install and it hasnt even done a bit of damage. Heavy as heck though, like 280lbs heavy. Same thing happened to me and i went this route as Bullet proof was 3-4 weeks to get a bumper and i got the fab fours in 2 days. Couldnt say no really as insurance paid for the thing.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far im liking the bullet proof and the fab fours and buck stop, my question is how did you get insurance to pay for it.

Just dont tell them what you put back on. Find a body shop that will put on a after market bumper and if they will bill the insurance company what the factory one was worth.

For example::

I hit a deer. I went to 3 body shops. Got quotes. They were all within 200 buchs(highest was 3980 and lowest was 3710 or something). I talked to the body shops to see if they were willing to install a after market bumper instead of the factory one cause i didnt want this to happen again. All 3 said yes. But the price difference was a fair bit. So the shop that gave me the highest quote could do it asap and could have the bumper in 2 days. So they got me the bumper and a set of lights(light force 170's). In the end it worked out to be the same amount as the factory one for my truck(i think they gave me like 60 bucks back on top of the deductable) and it was all said and done. My insurance company paid the bill and all was good. But remeber this, if you take the pay out instead of fixing the truck, they take 15% and wont let you claim wildlife again if you dont get it fixed. I just made a deal with the body shop and like i said, just explain to them that this isnt the first time and you want to replace it with a bumper that will hold up to a hit. Most will work with you are they know what its like to get screwed by insurance companies.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O i forgot, here is a pick of mine.

Attachments

• dodge2.jpg
    dodge2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 33

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats kind of what i was going to approach them with i lucked out all i need is bumper grille and a fog light. and last time i heard ill be cheaper with aftermarket

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best part is that Bullet Proof is in red deer.

Plus the prices are awesome.Good solid bumper for $2195, I just have to save up the fill the hole in the middle with a big winch. The silver f450 on the bullet proof website is my brothers welding truck.

Attachments

• IMG_0583.jpg
    IMG_0583.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG00085.jpg
    IMG00085.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 32

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i hit a deer on thursday and now i have some fixing to do. Im looking for an aftermarket bumper i looked at ali arc and dont like em, what do you guys have or reccomend for a new body chev. Pictures please.

they make them for Ford & Chev as well

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the looks of the bullet one as well. Thanks for this post i have been looking for a while now. Will have too give them a call on Mon and order one up. :beer:

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish I knew. I would like to put one on my truck. I was hoping some one else would recognize the bumper and put a manufactures name to it. Sweet looking bumper.

That looks like the herd bumper. If your lookin for aluminum, herd or excellaguard are the 2 best ones made. If you like cleaning aluminum all of the time, get the one of the 2.

bounce_manca

Reaction score
road armor bumbers. can get them at four wheel parts wholesalers in edmonton. on awsome bumber...

j

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put on a buckstop bumper this summer. Love it. It is solid and looks good. Kevin at rapid revolution can get them for you

Top Bottom