New Body dmax

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad has a 2007 New body style d-max and when ever the weather drops below -30 he can not run it because it blows the tranny fluid out and the tranny overheats, It has had 2 Transmissions installed now and seems to be a bit better, Still leaks tranny fluid when cold but does not blow it all out. On the other hand I have a buddy with a 08 d-max and has never had a issue with his tranny other then leaking when cold, Good trucks all in all, really nice to drive

crazy apex

Reaction score
I have a 08 duramax and have had no problems with it other than all new trucks people like to run in to them to make them look old

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My dad, my father inlaw and I all have 08's 2500, No big problems, two recalls, one for the tube on the map sensor and one for a new flash for the computer dealing with the tranny. I love mine and have not had a lick of trouble have 70K and any thing minor the dealer has been good with

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BUY BUY BUY.Mines been great had slight leak at the tranny cooler lines is the only thing.(Warranty)

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tranny lines will leak but the only fix is to have custom ones made, GM will just install the same flawed lines. Not a huge deal.

Seems like lots of them have ugly rear view mirrors...... there's always Dodges in them.:p

loffelbein88

Reaction score
My dad has a 2007 New body style d-max and when ever the weather drops below -30 he can not run it because it blows the tranny fluid out and the tranny overheats, It has had 2 Transmissions installed now and seems to be a bit better, Still leaks tranny fluid when cold but does not blow it all out. On the other hand I have a buddy with a 08 d-max and has never had a issue with his tranny other then leaking when cold, Good trucks all in all, really nice to drive

Sounds like your dad never had the tcm reprogramed for cold weather

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your dad never had the tcm reprogramed for cold weather

Yeah that is what the dealer origanally said, but the stupid part of it is he gets it serviced at a dealer ever 8000km you think they would have done that for him, then after the tranny failed the were saying there was still debry in the rebuilt and that is why it failed again.

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BUY BUY BUY.Mines been great had slight leak at the tranny cooler lines is the only thing.(Warranty)

Mine was exactly the same, once they replaced the lines everything was good, oh and one recall for heated washer system.

Apextenn

Reaction score
Quick question i have a 06 duramax and am on my third set of lines which of course are leaking again i was just wondering where you get these custom ones made up as well do you have to take your old ones off and take them into them to get them or do they have a line you can just buy and when you get yours taken off return them to them sort of thing??

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok i have another question the last two times my truck has had an oil change i get told my transfer case seals are leaking, so i get it fixed, now im on the 3rd time they've been leaking, truck has 95 000 km on it. Is it just me or is something up. I've had the work done at 2 seperate dealers

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 09' and i love the thing, my only complaint is the design of the intake system...my own fault for not having the gay leather front on but filled er' up full of snow on first snow storm. Ohh and another is the design up by the windows...bugs are always getting plastered on the lip at the back of the window. I know pety crap but i've been a chevy guy all my life....my boat even has a chev powerplant in it.:d

loffelbein88

Reaction score
ok i have another question the last two times my truck has had an oil change i get told my transfer case seals are leaking, so i get it fixed, now im on the 3rd time they've been leaking, truck has 95 000 km on it. Is it just me or is something up. I've had the work done at 2 seperate dealers

what seals.be more specific.rear output.front output?

TRAV

Reaction score
Rear seal on the transmission leaks in a different spot than the front and rear output seals on the transfercase. If leak is at the transfercase adaptor there is a better chance on it being the transfercase input seal than transmission output. Vent hose for transfercase plugged? Possible seal surface was damaged when removing seals. Front output is a pain to remove sometimes.

Top Bottom