New Avy Pack - Recommendations?

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As title states, looking for a new Avy pack in the 22-26L range. Like the shovel on the outside similar to my previous ABS packs.

How are the turbo fan packs working?

Suggestions?

GRD

Reaction score
As title states, looking for a new Avy pack in the 22-26L range. Like the shovel on the outside similar to my previous ABS packs.

How are the turbo fan packs working?

Suggestions?
Our crew recently got into the Klim Atlas 26 and Klim Aspect 16. The packs don't not use a air canister, big reason for getting them. Shovels are not on the outside. I believe Dave Norona has a review posted somewhere on the site.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our crew recently got into the Klim Atlas 26 and Klim Aspect 16. The packs don't not use a air canister, big reason for getting them. Shovels are not on the outside. I believe Dave Norona has a review posted somewhere on the site.
I was looking at the 26. Like anything Klim, hard to come by after January. Looks like a nice pack with alot of thought put into storage

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing I don't like about the Klim is the stupid front. It's a pack but has a quasi vest front but with no storage so basically it just functions as one more thing in the way of getting your transceiver out IMO.

I wear a snowpulse vest that still works well after many years but if I wear to replace it I would get the BCA vest for the extra protection it offers in the ribs and shoulders as well as the better pockets on the front.

Last edited:

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a BCA Float Vest last year. I really like the pack. Regardless of the brand I would be an advocate for a vest over a backpack style as I find it spreads out the weight better, has some protection so I don’t wear a tek vest anymore, has a beacon pocket on the front and is very comfortable when riding.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I have a Jetforce. I really like it. I practice with it a few times a year now because you just repack and charge. Had an accidental deployment and no big deal, repack it and good to go for the rest of the day. I like the fact it auto deflates to give you an air pocket also. Not sure if it does any good or not but it's a good theory.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a concern about the air being very humid when you refill and causing a problem with something freezing when you deploy?
I did some digging on this. It is a concern. Most places say if you are going to pump it up yourself, use a desiccant dryer inline otherwise you run risk of freeze up. They also said it takes 20-30 mins to pump??? Wonder if that is true??

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Geoff check out ARVA bags, similar to the abs, twin bag, system, and they have some great choices for pack for snowmobiling,

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with mine. Took me a bit to figure out the shoulder straps. Been good since

flatspeed

Reaction score
Is there a concern about the air being very humid when you refill and causing a problem with something freezing when you deploy?
In theory, yes. I've never heard of or had any real-world problems though. As stated above, an inline desiccant is used, also I make sure to pump it up in the same room as my wood stove, it's about 20% humidity most of time. I paid $60 or so for the pump, and it works great for recharging the high pressure side of your shocks with a needle fill adapter.

250 pumps to fill it, maybe 10 minutes, super easy.
20211231_152246.jpg

Top Bottom