New Avalanche Beacons

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its been quite a few years since I've bought a new beacon. I likely wasnt going to think about it, but I have a buddy getting into the sport and he is going to need one so I might refresh my gear as well.

Whats the best one out there now? I assume BCA is still the most popular? I heard pieps had some issues but I assume thats been resolved.

Squireller

Reaction score
The Barryvox our riding group got we’ve been really impressed with practicing with and testing the range. Gets 70m range

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its been quite a few years since I've bought a new beacon. I likely wasnt going to think about it, but I have a buddy getting into the sport and he is going to need one so I might refresh my gear as well.

Whats the best one out there now? I assume BCA is still the most popular? I heard pieps had some issues but I assume thats been resolved.
Couldn't tell you. I've never had to use mine.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com

times two for the mammut barryvox, you dont need the more expensive S model the standard model is all you need. Love mine!

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I still have a couple of Brand new Pieps Pro in box. If interested send me a PM

Reactions: RXN

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Side by side tests are nice
My group had a bunch of different beacons and tested the range WOW what a difference, the Artovox S1 had half the range of the others even an old SOS beacon was way better ( we just used it comparison,,, Funny thing the old analog beacons had great range just so poor to search with) The new ones are even better

Reactions: RXN
Top Bottom