New 850

Rulonjj

Reaction score
Lol. Looks like it needed the extra 50 cc' s eh.

The axys or what? Lol

C'mon. 2+ sled lengths ahead is pretty alright. Especially when the poo weighs 20 lbs less........... Oh wait. We don't ride dry sleds. Lol.

Last edited:

YFZ 450

Reaction score
All I can say is.... I rode the 165'' and 154'' Gen 4 this past weekend and who ever rides them will want one. I've had a 174'' and it's a climbing beast. I currently have a 2016 163' T3 and that thing is great.

The new platform is pretty sweet ...power is smooth and the sled gets up on top of the snow quicker that the 16's. The handling is easy and gives you less feed back at the bars. Ride is very soft every when give the sled big air it still lands soft. A lot less rider input is need to side hill or to turn out of a down hill run. As for out climbing I can't say but I do know that a few places where 2016 174'' and 163'' couldn't go /had to turn out the 165'' did with easy. Now mind you there is all different types of riders and skill levels. All riders on the sleds we rode were riders that put on 1500 to 1800 miles a year riding. The throttle response of the 850 is noticeable and the torque cure is quite bit more that the 16's.

So before you na sayers 8itch.. get out and try one

So in my opinion the sled is a winner but everyone will have an opinion, Great job BRP in raising the bar again.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes...because the true measure of a new model powder snow mountain sled is how well it does in a drag race in low snow against the previous year's sled...lol

The topic is about the 850 engine isn't it not? Cause I thought the title said new 850.

My point was to take the chassis and rider input out of the picture and that's only done in low snow conditions. Your comparing a totally different chassis and of course the new G4 will smoke the XM in pow.
Ever hear the saying "hp sells, and torque wins races"?

Brp did not mention that the 850 engine is also 14lbs heavier than the 800 etec.

If yah want to do deep pow comparisons than a radar gun should be used, side by side in deep pow does not work well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't even bother lining up my axys against a new doo in a drag race. I know I'd lose even with clutching, pipe, and gearing.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you pick that up that the engine is 14lbs heavier? I understood they were less with a lighter crank, lighter stator, and injectors

jonny, have you heard any others that seen any other heat soaked g4s..

The topic is about the 850 engine isn't it not? Cause I thought the title said new 850.

My point was to take the chassis and rider input out of the picture and that's only done in low snow conditions. Your comparing a totally different chassis and of course the new G4 will smoke the XM in pow.

Brp did not mention that the 850 engine is also 14lbs heavier than the 800 etec.

If yah want to do deep pow comparisons than a radar gun should be used, side by side in deep pow does not work well.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also , so what do they mean by slightly modified Axys !??
it had a can that allowed it to lose 10 hp lol. Saw that vid on facebook frankly it is difficult to really judge the lines almost need to have a rear view to judge. Entertaining though

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

no, the way to compare engine to engine is on a dyno. seems they have done that. where did you find out it is 14lbs heavier than the 800?

Rulonjj

Reaction score
no, the way to compare engine to engine is on a dyno. seems they have done that. where did you find out it is 14lbs heavier than the 800?

I heard that from Tony Jenkins. Buuuut..... The new engine comes as a package, injectors, reed cages, ecm, and everything else needed to make it run. So the weights of the bare engine are actually less than the 800. The 800 dosen't have everything hooked to it as part of the engine.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Total track poach all the way up with he poo. Doo was mostly on freshies.

Rulonjj

Reaction score
The thing I find quite funny is how many people say "I was expecting the Doo to win by more and that's not impressive at all". Have you ever raced a 600 poo against an 800 poo? That's about all the difference you see between those two so I say it's rather impressive that the Doo can win by that much.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode the new Doo yesterday at Kusters. I have to say that engine was very impressive. We drag raced them against equal track length stock 20116 T3's and they consistently ran faster uphill in a foot of pow than the T3's did. It is like night and day quicker on the throttle than the 800 Etec. Good job to Doo on that motor. Chassis was a challenge at first for me. Very easy to initiate a carve either way compared to the T3 for me. I'm an old dog, new trick guy so it took me a few runs with them to start feeling comfortable on them but the 165 felt the best to me sooner. We had a lot of great riders in our group and it was amazing watching them make those sleds dance all day. I have never rode an Axys yet so can't compare this sled to that sled but if you are looking for that nimbleness that Axys riders are so happy with then this may be Doo's answer to that sled. The sled's never missed a beat all day and no signs of any engine or heat fade from any of our guys but not many people can test an engine or clutch like Johnny can. Lol.

Top Bottom