New 850

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you think. I think its going to be a long lasting motor that will take long hard pulls.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it is going to be a sick engine. Sure only 10hp more, but with all the refinements to crank,clutch,raves,ports and secondary injectors ect
it is going to have a lot more throttle response, which will be a huge improvement for tree riding.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10 hp might not seem like a lot but you need to spend 6000$ to get an honest 10hp out of any of the current 800s. So this is a big deal. Not to mention you can deffinetly feel the difference in a sled with 10 more HP. And this way your not bolting aftermarket junk and spending endless hours testing and tuning. I am super excited for this engine

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10 hp might not seem like a lot but you need to spend 6000$ to get an honest 10hp out of any of the current 800s. So this is a big deal. Not to mention you can deffinetly feel the difference in a sled with 10 more HP. And this way your not bolting aftermarket junk and spending endless hours testing and tuning. I am super excited for this engine
I have to agree with Maxwell on this. Im excited for the new motor. but I will not be acquiring one this year as I just bought a t3. I will buy one the year after and send my 14 to the junk yard after im done putting the boots to er.

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the new engine have cables on the rave valves? If so i hope they operate better than my 2007 1000 rt did. Had to adjust the cables often, it was a pain in the butt adjusting the cables.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Does the new engine have cables on the rave valves? If so i hope they operate better than my 2007 1000 rt did. Had to adjust the cables often, it was a pain in the butt adjusting the cables.

Hmmm. Never adjusted the cables once on my 2006 rt1000 and it had over 5000 Kms

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

not trying to be a d*ick but a 2007 1000 rt.... thats 10 years ago.... and 2 engines ago..... just sayin

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed when I kept it clamped for 2-3 minutes straight the RPM dropped to 6500. It was still in break in mode so could possibly be the computer telling me not to be such a prick or possible heat soak. There was no snow on the vents this was a straight up climb. Could have been clutching as well.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This engine is the real deal! IMO this will be the benchmark of 2 stroke engine designs of the future.

The 850 seems to have only a half sled length to a length on a 16 in a open hill dragrace, only 10 hp increase BUT look at the evolution of the 800 etec from 2011 to now with the engine updates and mapping. Huge potential for the 850 in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So..... im a bit confused. The new Rev 850 has 10 more HP (163 to 165)?? New, more efficient primary clutch, lost 25 lbs, revs 30% faster but yet it is only a sled length faster than last years T3. Man skidoo is good at marketing...... I wont go spend that kind of cash for 1 sled length!! Guys think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread!!

Rulonjj

Reaction score
So..... im a bit confused. The new Rev 850 has 10 more HP (163 to 165)?? New, more efficient primary clutch, lost 25 lbs, revs 30% faster but yet it is only a sled length faster than last years T3. Man skidoo is good at marketing...... I wont go spend that kind of cash for 1 sled length!! Guys think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread!!

Ummm. A little more than a sleds length of difference.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oNuGIIr914w&feature=youtu.be

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So you read one guys post on a forum and that's the new gospel? Got it. Lol.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That video is even worse..... beats a SP by 4-5 lenghts..... wow... it is amazing
2.5 track and is 50lbs heavier.... that made my point even more valid. Spend $16000 on the "best" sled out there to beat a SP.... this is too funny.

And it wasnt just one guy.. it was someone that actually rode the new sled and gave an honest review. Everyone else is just speculating!!

Rulonjj

Reaction score
SP ?? Is it the 2.5 track or a T3.

i don't know. It looks like just a 2.5.

i guess it all depends on who you ask. There's a 165 here in Colorado that people have been riding and everyone that rises it says the same thing. The Xm is no match for it in any way. Power, maneuverability, and predictability are way better. And no, it's not just one guy. It's several people saying it. Some people just have a hard time accepting that Doo has a winner here.

Rulonjj

Reaction score
That video is even worse..... beats a SP by 4-5 lenghts..... wow... it is amazing
2.5 track and is 50lbs heavier.... that made my point even more valid. Spend $16000 on the "best" sled out there to beat a SP.... this is too funny.

And it wasnt just one guy.. it was someone that actually rode the new sled and gave an honest review. Everyone else is just speculating!!

thats more like 10 lengths. But if you haven't ridden it you're just speculating as well. Are you afraid that this new Doo will be able to outdo the axys or what's your problem? Oh and btw look at the snow conditions. The one guy that said the 165 only won by one length was in SPRING conditions. In this video the snow is obviously a little deeper than that.

Last edited:

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How many lengths does your stereo beat a sp by? Just out of curiosity.

Top Bottom