New 2018 ram 2500/3500 diesel srw

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just want to gauge what everyone is paying..... ballpark between the slt and say a Laramie..... prices on the sticker vary .... what are the actuals people are paying out the door. Also who has dealt with the dealer on a factory order..... seems I can't get the colour and options I want with cloth ..... don't want leather. But could take the option of swapping the drivers seat with cloth if need be.

so what's your price been ??

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI its cheaper to order a truck in. You should be able to get a minimum of 15g off the sticker price.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious to see if fords increased cost because of moving to aluminum body effects the pricing of the other 2, was buying f350’s loaded right up for high 60”, 0% for low low 70’s. Think the others where right in there so should be buying a loaded up dodge for low 70’s. ???

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys been talkin a bit to dealers and they aren't willing to give much for incentives..... was looking at ordering , but again not much for price decrease still want low 80s out the door on all in pricing..... on a middle of the road Laramie.
Would still like to hear others deals......... wish our dollar was par.... would be in Montana with my business as the last time I couldn't get a deal here six hours away there was significant savings and full warranty after six months.

so what's your price ..

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
15-20% off sticker price is a reasonable number to shoot for. Anything less than 10% and you're probably getting ripped off.

At least this is what I have found with new Ford's and GM's, I've never bothered to price a Ram.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Ok my $0.02
I have factory ordered the last 4 vehicles best way to do it if you can wait then you are buying the exact same vehicle from every dealer, but better doing it quick usually early-mid July they shut down for a month to inspect all the equipment and re-tool any changes for next model year then they hit dealers by end of sept early oct. When you go to the stealership talk to a manager about ordering don't talk to salesman they just annoy you and want to move stuff off the lot. Manager will try to steer you that way also. Get a price move to the next get a price usually I pay cost plus $100-$500 depending how desperate thy are they will all tell you cost but from building the same truck at multiple dealers you find out cost. Let them know up front what you are doing I tell them " no matter what dealer i'm buying from I'm buying the exact same truck and where I buy from also gets all my service work also" Service is what they want thats where the money is. For example my last truck a 2012 Larmine 3500 CTD window sticker was $75,XXX I paid $59,XXX including GST went to 4 dealers prices went from what I paid to as high as 69K. waited 8 weeks almost to day for it to come in. truck before sticker $47K paid $34K including GST that truck took 4 weeks. I am only speaking from Dodge experience I did order an import for my wife and they won't deal tried every dealing in the city they won't budge ended up getting extras thrown in 3M, winter rims/tires, mud flaps floor mats etc that was only thing they would deal on. So for me factory order is where it is at if your spending that kind of money buy exactly want you want not what they have today and remember don't fall in love with whats on the lot because they build more trucks each and every day.
Here is a little difference between lot trucks and ordering this came from a manager years ago that was a friend of a friend that got me into ordering.
I will use easy numbers just for example
Truck on lot $62,000 dealer cost $50,000 1 year interest and lot fees $12,000 or $1000/mo cost of truck sitting there. So working Joe comes along wants that truck it has sat in their inventory either there or satellite yard for 4 months or $4000 so dealer needs $54K out of that truck to break even so they tell you we will give you a deal at $58K working Joe thinks hell of deal $4K off and jumps on it. and never buy out of the showroom those vehicle are the most expensive then need top dollar out of them because they are either new model and limited supply or they are old inventory and need every penny out of it usually missing something like has everything but leather but cost the same amount as one with leather. People will pay it because they stand in the show room waiting and stare and climb all over it because its just so clean and shiny.
This guy cannot afford the convenience of just going down and picking one out those trucks off the lot they are to expensive for me that why I order and wait.

HTH

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealing on one right now, $78k sticker, dealer wants $65k plus GST. Don't seem to want to move beyond that, started at $65.5k. The truck is however 5 hours away at another dealer as there is only one in Alberta like what I want, but that's not going to change price much. My 13 I bought last years model from same dealer, $71k sticker paid $54k all in. Hoping for similar amount off, but I don't think i'll get there and this is on a 18 so current model. I know I can get them down at least $1-2k more, but I don't think more beyond that. However 1.49% interest for 60 months right now makes up for a lot. I do know what dealer has the truck though, and am considering contacting them directly to see if they will sell me it for less.

Last edited:

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was a left over 15 in 16.

3500 Laramie Long box. Sticker was 84. They started at 67. Got it for 64 plus GSt. At 0% for 6 years.

Say No to the add ons they try to sell you in the paperwork room! If you are interested in any of that stuff get it elsewhere! 3rd party warranties are Bull Shat too!

They had 20 of them, old stock fleet cancelation at the time.

I have found best pricing and incentives on old stock in the last 1/4 of the year when the new models are released.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the input "........ to say the least it's not my strong suit dealing with car dealers, and it seems they are not liking to deal on factory orders either. Can't seem to get close to the 15k off sticker on the ordering. Been on the phone and email in and out of a few dealers but end up walking away because the price point is not where I think it should be. Will keep trying though. Murm....seems to have a better handle on ordering a truck, I can't seem to get close to that right now with my efforts. Thanks for the input.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you guys like working for free? No? Neither do car dealerships...

So a dealer making 100$- 500$ profit on a 70,000$ truck sounds reasonable to you? Sounds like going out of business to me...lol

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So a dealer making 100$- 500$ profit on a 70,000$ truck sounds reasonable to you? Sounds like going out of business to me...lol

Dealers don’t do anything for under $5g . Most times it’s on both ends if your trading .
Just complete bunch of crap they spit out.
Ever see a dealership going under ? Waiting lists for franchises that never come up as existing dealers pick them up .

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think they are doing ok!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was in at SMP in Saskatoon the other day and they wouldn't move past about 8k off msrp on a 3500 LTZ.

Humm, crappy deal my brother just picked up a full load 2500, and those were the numbers he gave me.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If they chose to sell at that profit margin than thats their choice. I dont care for paying for interest on a truck thats been sitting on the lot for 6mths. Thats why I ordered my last truck. It saved me 3000 bucks, and I got a truck that I wanted. Which had a sticker of 4g more over the truck on the lot.

Ask to see the Dealer cost, I doubt they will but I know what the dealer cost was on my truck. You will be very surprised on the amount of markup, just like shopping at acklands.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they chose to sell at that profit margin than thats their choice. I dont care for paying for interest on a truck thats been sitting on the lot for 6mths. Thats why I ordered my last truck. It saved me 3000 bucks, and I got a truck that I wanted. Which had a sticker of 4g more over the truck on the lot.

Ask to see the Dealer cost, I doubt they will but I know what the dealer cost was on my truck. You will be very surprised on the amount of markup, just like shopping at acklands.

That is their choice true.

Last edited:

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There’s guys on here that claim they get 20-30% off of MSRP but they never give much for details of course. In practice if you get 15% off of MSRP you’re doing pretty good on a reasonably optioned truck that is something most people would want to drive. Last model year stuff and poorly optioned, ugly colour stuff may go cheaper, and hot selling in demand stuff they don’t deal on. Fiat tends to discount the crap out of their stuff, much more so than the other two...

Top Bottom