Nelson Snowmobile guiding

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for a snowmobile guide for hire around Nelson. I'm going to be in the area solo before christmas this year. Hoping to find someone who would know where the best slopes are for sled skiing as well as being comfortable doubling up.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call MainJet motorsports in Nelson. They will know who guides

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for a snowmobile guide for hire around Nelson. I'm going to be in the area solo before christmas this year. Hoping to find someone who would know where the best slopes are for sled skiing as well as being comfortable doubling up.
There is lots of good riding but mostly tight trees and steep and rough trail in. Not great for doubling. Cut blocks might be your best option.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok. Nelson might not be it then. Would Fernie be better? To be more clear. Doubling is only necessary once we're at the slope. Long and not super steep is what I would be looking for.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Fermin will give you different terrain to ride and a couple of cabins. Depending on skills you can find anything you need there for riding

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok. Nelson might not be it then. Would Fernie be better? To be more clear. Doubling is only necessary once we're at the slope. Long and not super steep is what I would be looking for.
There's tons of sled ski terrain around Nelson. Areas I would recommend will depend on what you define as "long" runs and how technical of a rider you are for access. Fernie's good also but I wouldn't shy away from Nelson if that's on your bucket list.

Top Bottom