need help setting up carbs on vintage sled

linzoid

Reaction score
1993 xcr 440 not sure how to sync, adjust choke cables and oil injection and setup looking for help on this can pay in cash money $$$ or beer lol

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best way i would do with my xlt was find the right idle then find a drill bit that fits the carburetor intake use the smooth end and don’t push it in to far just the end loosen off all cables on the top of the carbs just enough to set on the drill bit turn out till the bit pulls out easy lock nut and do the same with the rest make sure all carb needles are all in the same groove and your jets are the same number

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1993 xcr 440 not sure how to sync, adjust choke cables and oil injection and setup looking for help on this can pay in cash money $$$ or beer lol
As stated, use a drill bit 3/16 or 1/4"? to set the slides for syncing, then check then at wide open as well and they should be just above or level with the top of the motor side of the carb throat.

Choke - google it, there are lots of vids on Youtube, it will be faster than me typing a novel and explain it here, but you have to adjust them slack and then pulled open, and there should be a spec for your carbs on what the measurement is.

Oil pump - there should be 2 lines - 1 on the rotating arm and 1 on the pump that will should be lined up at idle. If not, adjust the cable slack so they do. Sometimes there is a line at wide open as well, so you adjust for idle and then confirm that it lines up with the wide open one as well when you pull the throttle all the way open.

Top Bottom