Need advice on what quad to buy

rlook

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. After reading this I am leaning towards a dedicated 2-up, probably a Canam Outlander as I'm a Skidoo guy. Has anyone had problems with their Canams?

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a guy that bent his frame on a canam 800 two up by bounching over rocks and logs all day where my 420 honda did just fine. the canam and new popo xps have a tubalr frame light wewgit but know to bend and or crack just saying not something I would want to spend a lot of cash for

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a guy that bent his frame on a canam 800 two up by bounching over rocks and logs all day where my 420 honda did just fine. the canam and new popo xps have a tubalr frame light wewgit but know to bend and or crack just saying not something I would want to spend a lot of cash for

yes the can am frames can be bent but it is an easy fix you can add some tubing to the frame it is easy

powder rider

Reaction score
I just rode a Can Am 650 2 up with pwr steering. Great Ride! Also just rode a razor for the first time and as far as I am concerned it is heads and tails above the rhino for performance.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes the can am frames can be bent but it is an easy fix you can add some tubing to the frame it is easy

yes its a easy fix but when u spend that kind of cash why should you have to do things to the quad to make it stonger? shouldnt it be built though from the start you pay more for can am to start with should be built to last. IMO

acoustictrout

Reaction score
Lots of great quads to choose from. Would not dis any of them. Personally, I love my 09 Suzy King Quad 750axi that replaces an 05 Eiger 400. In the strongest terms I recommend power steering on whatever brand/model you choose. What a difference! Better control, and kickback from hitting a rock at high speed is reduced from a dislocated shoulder to an "oops!" My 400 cc got me wherever I wanted to go but the 750 has plenty of reserve and will easily carry my camping gear. EFI is great, especially if you ride in high and low altitudes. (no sputtering, backfires, having to change carb jets) Also recommend an aftermarket twist throttle to eliminate the sore thumb syndrome.

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for what you said a rhino is peerfect and the are comfortable and go through the mud pretty good to. i had a 450 and it was great for me and the wife and it would go almost anywhere. and there are lots of upgrades for them. and the have a 700 efi aswell.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of great quads to choose from. Would not dis any of them. Personally, I love my 09 Suzy King Quad 750axi that replaces an 05 Eiger 400. In the strongest terms I recommend power steering on whatever brand/model you choose. What a difference! Better control, and kickback from hitting a rock at high speed is reduced from a dislocated shoulder to an "oops!" My 400 cc got me wherever I wanted to go but the 750 has plenty of reserve and will easily carry my camping gear. EFI is great, especially if you ride in high and low altitudes. (no sputtering, backfires, having to change carb jets) Also recommend an aftermarket twist throttle to eliminate the sore thumb syndrome.

Where did you find a twist throttle for your king and how did that work with the 4x4 and diff lock swithes just curious as my girlfriends thumb gets sore on her king quad

Top Bottom