Mystery Trailer lights

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I am sitting at home the other night and I notice a little red light on outside. I go out to take a look and discover that my LED tail lights on my Wells Cargo enclosed trailer has one little LED bulb on in each light cluster.

The trailer is not plugged into anything. I thought at first that it was maybe an indication that my battery was low but it is fine. I hooked the trailer to my truck and functioned all the lights and still those to little lights stayed on.

It has been 5 days now and they are still on and there is nothing hooked up to the trailer for power accept the battery.

Has anyone experienced this?:confused:

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
THought I read somewhere on here about this. If I remember right, its a bad ground...?

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, bad ground. The first place I'd start looking is in the 7 prong plug...pull it apart, clean it up, and smear on some dialectic grease. Corrosion can do crazy things.

skierh2o

Reaction score
Bad Ground as stated or snow/moisture in the plug itself from not being covered or connected.
pretty harmless problem until you need your battery power.lol

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Triton did the exact same thing. It was corrosion in the Plug. Scared the chit out of me though Because I was coming home from hocky at midnight one night and I could see the brake lights on. Thought I was about to have a scrap on my hands!

Top Bottom