My uneconomical boost

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6 speed. And that's 30 mpg with my Grandfather driving it through Saskatchewan.

That dodge 1500 v6 has an 8 speed and actually probably isnt far off weight wise of that van when u compare the 2wd short box reg cab with 321 rear end

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when was the last time you reset your mileage indicater? u realize your indicater is giving you mileage on a us gallon? canadian gallon and us gallons hmm are they the same?

u do realize the mileage indicater is just an indication not gospel.

im one of those idiots that don't get mpg... never worked with it... but yes i always wondered if Canadians talking mpg used imperial or metric gallons...

thanks and yes I am aware it's just an indication but a good one... this spring Ill take it loaded down to Vancouver then off to the cabin near williams lake towing two quads, 14 foot trailer (open aluminum) kids, dog and gear... should be a good test... I will hand calculate that whole trip... hope im not disapointed...

I have an 2002 quad cab 4x4 diesel 6 speed... man i love that truck... im keeping that until i see how good or bad the f150 does with what i think is a small load...

I also recently inherited a 1994 cummins with 94000 k on it... may keep one of the two diesels as a puller for just such trips if not happy with f150... sorry guys i just feel like the f150 is half a truck... im going through some buyers remorse. lol

Last edited:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im one of those idiots that don't get mpg... never worked with it... but yes i always wondered if Canadians talking mpg used imperial or metric gallons...

thanks and yes I am aware it's just an indication but a good one... this spring Ill take it loaded down to Vancouver then off to the cabin near williams lake towing two quads, 14 foot trailer (open aluminum) kids, dog and gear... should be a good test... I will hand calculate that whole trip... hope im not disapointed...

I have an 2002 quad cab 4x4 diesel 6 speed... man i love that truck... im keeping that until i see how good or bad the f150 does with what i think is a small load...

I also recently inherited a 1994 cummins with 94000 k on it... may keep one of the two diesels as a puller for just such trips if not happy with f150... sorry guys i just feel like the f150 is half a truck... im going through some buyers remorse. lol

How much for the 94?

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a metric gallon. There is an equivalent which is what you posted lol

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you will always be disappointed with a gasser, after coming from a diesel.

HOWEVER, the way I see it, is if you can live with it for a few weekends a year, and endure the downshifting contantly, it's worth it.

I do miss my old 7.3 on those highway hauls, but don't when I am in the city.

Top Bottom