My uneconomical boost

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked at Waterloo, my dealer aabout bad mileage, and they said:

Fill up and reset your mileage gauge, record your mileage at the next time you fill. Keep all info including bills.

Do this for 5 fill ups, make sure your air filter is clean, tires are up to snuff, and oil is not in need of changing.

Dealer will make a claim to Ford and they will look into this seriously. (not sure if they can see history of driving, whether it's towing, or heavy foot... etc in the ECM..)

Last edited:

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked at Waterloo, my dealer aabout bad mileage, and they said:

Fill up and reset your mileage gauge, record your mileage at the next time you fill. Keep all info including bills.

Do this for 5 fill ups, make sure your air filter is clean, tires are up to snuff, and oil is not in need of changing.

Dealer will make a claim to Ford and they will look into this seriously. (not sure if they can see history of driving, whether it's towing, or heavy foot... etc in the ECM..)

The Eco Boost does not like any load. Any extra weight and it'll start guzzling the fuel. I have the 5.0L and my buddy has the Eco and towing i kick his butt in the economy department (same weight trailers too)

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My '12 Raptor has a 6.2L, and i let her idle, and generally drive like a grande prairie Douchebag, and she eats 16.X liters per hundred summer, and with excessive winter idling consumes 18.5L/100

how much does that poor lil boost idle?!

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
The Eco Boost does not like any load. Any extra weight and it'll start guzzling the fuel. I have the 5.0L and my buddy has the Eco and towing i kick his butt in the economy department (same weight trailers too)

What about empty? Truck to truck at same speed down the highway/city. How is the 5.0 compared to the ecoboost? Any of them will be crappy when pulling but who cares..... Pulling is best done with a diesel.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about empty? Truck to truck at same speed down the highway/city. How is the 5.0 compared to the ecoboost? Any of them will be crappy when pulling but who cares..... Pulling is best done with a diesel.

Before the wife got her 2011 5.0 we test drove both the egoboost and the 5.0 for a week prior to the purchase running empty and most highway at 110 the two trucks were within .5 l/100km for mileage. But seat of the pants real power and pill I felt the 5.0 kicked the chit out of the Eco boost thus we went with the 5.0.
And besides that no matter what you do with the Eco boost it will always sound like a car :).

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
My '12 Raptor has a 6.2L, and i let her idle, and generally drive like a grande prairie Douchebag, and she eats 16.X liters per hundred summer, and with excessive winter idling consumes 18.5L/100

how much does that poor lil boost idle?!

Your doing good getting 16/100 with that 6.2. That means your getting 17.66 mpg. All the guys I know with 6.2's in their harleys and limiteds are getting 12mpg......

Moose

Reaction score
Thats bad i have a 2011 and check wells with it and it idles ALL day and even in this cold weather i have never got that bad, only c them numbers when im pulling my camper

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have two 5 L half tons and they both get average 16.7 L /100. Give or take. That is empty no trailer and mix of hiway and town. Ford sheet says 29mpg. I call bullchit. Not impressed at all.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actully said to the sales man if it does not stand up to the claims of gas mileage i'm going to take it back lol. I wanted a cheap to run truck after changing jobs and having no need for a f350 but it seems worse on fuel lol. Might pop in there and see what they think there has got to be something wrong for this kind of gas drinking.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want gas mileage, you should get a Fargo (dodge), commercial says they get 36 mpg......LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL...what a load of friggin CRAP!!!!!!!!

Is that with a tail wind lol

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2010 hemi was showing that sitting in traffic taking about 40-50 minutes to drive what normally take 18 minutes plus warming it up 10 minute 3 times a day.

It gets 12-13 L/100 km on highway with a 2.5" front and 1.5" rear lift,

today i think it said about 16 l/100 km but traffic has been better. In town blowsssss, i really think a hybrid would be slick, in electric mode in the bumper to bumper stuff then gas mode on the highway.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

oh empty they will do about 1L/100 km better than my 5L. and thats referenced with two different trucks. so about 13.8 or 14l/100 km ish?

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
My 2010 hemi was showing that sitting in traffic taking about 40-50 minutes to drive what normally take 18 minutes plus warming it up 10 minute 3 times a day.

It gets 12-13 L/100 km on highway with a 2.5" front and 1.5" rear lift,

today i think it said about 16 l/100 km but traffic has been better. In town blowsssss, i really think a hybrid would be slick, in electric mode in the bumper to bumper stuff then gas mode on the highway.

Lots more HOT air....LOL

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want gas mileage, you should get a Fargo (dodge), commercial says they get 36 mpg......LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL...what a load of friggin CRAP!!!!!!!!

300hp V6 with a 8 speed, and a 3.21 rear end ratio. And that 36 mpg is probably in a 2wd.
My 2012 hemi with 6 speed and 3.92 rear end ratio gets 25 mpg on the highway.

I don't know if it really will get that good of mileage, but it will be interesting to see.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My raptor with 6.2 gets about 12-13mpg but I'm always on the loud pedal

Sent from my Note2

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
300hp V6 with a 8 speed, and a 3.21 rear end ratio. And that 36 mpg is probably in a 2wd.

I don't know if it really will get that good of mileage, but it will be interesting to see.

Being towed by the freight shaker doesn't count.

maxpower

Reaction score

The Dodge Caravan with that engine only gets 30mpg. No way the truck gets 36.

Top Bottom