My experience with the Tesla Model 3

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goes into derate, top speed 60k. Shuts off at times not sure if it will restart. I will keep you post on the bill and what it was. The earliest he could get in is may 29 in vancouver. Then he has to fly down and drive it home. Not sure when it will be fixed. But i will keep you posted.
Have you checked the 12V battery. I had to replace mine on my Kona. Won't start if the 12V is dead

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the 12V battery. I had to replace mine on my Kona. Won't start if the 12V is dead

It will say on the screen if the 12v battery is bad. But yeah that is a common issue as the 12v battery controls the high voltage pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those large car haulers will put your car on pretty cheap on a back haul. 600 bucks. That's what my son was figuring it might be the 12v battery. It's going down today sometime

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those large car haulers will put your car on pretty cheap on a back haul. 600 bucks. That's what my son was figuring it might be the 12v battery. It's going down today sometime
If it is a 12V battery it costs about $120 and takes 10minutes to change. Might be worth it just to try.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it was my car I would be doing that for sure. A 12 volt lithium battery would be going in there.
Don't use a lithium battery for 12V. Just use the standard AGM Tesla battery. It's cheaper and works a lot better in the cold. People that have tried putting 12V lithium batteries in have had a lot of problems. I replaced the 12V in my model 3 after 3 years just as preventative maintenance but it probably was still ok.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2023-05-26 at 7.31.44 PM.png

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is he still under warranty?
I am not sure at all, they already put it in service mode at the dealership in vancounver. He knows it got delivered because of all the fancy stuff on the car, and the car hauler took a picture of the car and sent it to him. He is just going to use them to bring it back to pg. A days wages would cost him more. Then my car broke down on him as well...haha.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not sure at all, they already put it in service mode at the dealership in vancounver. He knows it got delivered because of all the fancy stuff on the car, and the car hauler took a picture of the car and sent it to him. He is just going to use them to bring it back to pg. A days wages would cost him more. Then my car broke down on him as well...haha.

Tits or tires..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well not to much wrong with it, they do not have any leads or lithium batteries for the Tesla.. or any batteries for the Tesla they recommended a lithium one at the sevice center no time in how long it will take, or when the car will be fixed.

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    926.7 KB · Views: 122

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoops it is the high voltage cable not the 12volt cable it will be quite the job replacing it. Or so they say.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well not to much wrong with it, they do not have any leads or lithium batteries for the Tesla.. or any batteries for the Tesla they recommended a lithium one at the sevice center no time in how long it will take, or when the car will be fixed.
ch!t, is that rodent damage?

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a general question for Johnny or maybe other Tesla and/or other EV owners. Are there any aftermarket parts suppliers or jobber parts per say for these vehicles?or is that market relatively new or early at this time? I’m not an EV owner but just something I was curious about.

Top Bottom