My experience with the Tesla Model 3

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's on par with the telsa business model. The only way to make profit is with government subsidies.

That’s correct. The government pays Tesla to make cars and also pays people to buy them.

Looks like I have an upper control arm that needs replacing. I tried to put grease in the ball joint but I think it’s too far gone. This is common on 2018’s.

a6c61694143a4446d8bcc0ec8aac8ff9.jpg

Just went in the app and stated the issue. They gave me a quote and I approved. Parts are in stock. Pay through the app. This will be my first out of warranty repair cost not counting the rabbit incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have this version of the beta and it's really good. Big improvement over 10.11.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased my car in late 2018 for $68K and could sell it today with 140,000km on it for $60-65K.
Revelstoke is getting more superchargers...
View attachment 257087
Well that’s nice , but No relevance to what they were talking about ? I bought a 2005 Duramax for $19000 in 2009 and sold it 3 weeks ago for $25000 after putting 206000 Kim’s on it , but that also has nothing to do with the cost of installing charging stations !

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that’s nice , but No relevance to what they were talking about ? I bought a 2005 Duramax for $19000 in 2009 and sold it 3 weeks ago for $25000 after putting 206000 Kim’s on it , but that also has nothing to do with the cost of installing charging stations !
My bad, I think that was a reply to something in another thread. Nice deal on the 05 dmax, those are great trucks. But yeah charging stations do not have the fastest pay back. The key to a good charging station is location, very fast charge speed, and ease of use. Tesla chargers are pretty good at the ease of use. You just plug in and walk away. Some of these other 3rd party chargers have a bad user experience which results in low utilization and a long pay off period. I recently went to top gun 2 in Calgary (great movie btw) and the underground parkade had an EV charger. It took me about 10 minutes of messing around with apps on my phone to get it to finally start charging, very annoying. Charged from 30% to 60% in about 2.5 hours and it cost me $4.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove to Edmonton today. First time I’ve seen full chargers at both red deer and cross iron mills. By the time we got there both had a couple open stalls. 60kmh headwind, pouring rain, and max payload (10 bushels).

Traffic wise probably one of my worst drives ever. Red deer to Edmonton especially. How does the fast lane on qe2 slow down to 25kmh on a sunny day ?

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How does the fast lane on qe2 slow down to 25kmh on a sunny day ?

Well seeing as you asked lol.. Traffic flow dynamics. When the highway is full it's like a giant slinky with all cars connected by a spring. Way up ahead someone will brake for something, even just momentarily, then the person behind them reacts and the disturbance goes back down the line. People over-reacting and different rates of re-acceleration cause the whole system to become unstable and takes awhile to get back to normal. There can be points of very low or even zero velocity caused by a minor event way up ahead.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well seeing as you asked lol.. Traffic flow dynamics. When the highway is full it's like a giant slinky with all cars connected by a spring. Way up ahead someone will brake for something, even just momentarily, then the person behind them reacts and the disturbance goes back down the line. People over-reacting and different rates of re-acceleration cause the whole system to become unstable and takes awhile to get back to normal. There can be points of very low or even zero velocity caused by a minor event way up ahead.
More like the dumbasses who drive 115 km/hr in the left lane and stay there or the semi trying to pass another semi at 111km/hr for 5 kms ...

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Restrictor plate racing on QE 2?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove to Edmonton today. First time I’ve seen full chargers at both red deer and cross iron mills. By the time we got there both had a couple open stalls. 60kmh headwind, pouring rain, and max payload (10 bushels).

Traffic wise probably one of my worst drives ever. Red deer to Edmonton especially. How does the fast lane on qe2 slow down to 25kmh on a sunny day ?

Garth Brooks concert in Edmonton Friday and Saturday. My wife went to both...said traffic was snarled both days.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Garth Brooks concert in Edmonton Friday and Saturday. My wife went to both...said traffic was snarled both days.
Yes, that makes a lot of sense. I forgot that the Edmonton shows were the only ones in Canada.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
9F33AD09-57AA-4E5C-B93D-D3875AFDAE1F.jpeg

These charging stations are faster than 8 hours aren’t they?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s more than likely BS…….
Regardless, So here’s a thought. 20bucks a hour to charge a car. So to make a decent living, a household income should be well over 100 a hour approximately during the EV era, depending on the households financial situation.

Minimum wage will be 40/hr soon. Lol

2 bucks per liter is not that bad when yah think of it.

Top Bottom