My experience with the Tesla Model 3

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spoke to insurance and they are saying I’m at fault because no contact was made. Which sucks because it was a split second decision I wasn’t trying to hit him. She said the dash cam video might help but said if no contact it’s highly likely I am at fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks. Should be good if you have full coverage though. I thought alberta insurance was "no fault" now anyways.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They will cover
Spoke to insurance and they are saying I’m at fault because no contact was made. Which sucks because it was a split second decision I wasn’t trying to hit him. She said the dash cam video might help but said if no contact it’s highly likely I am at fault.

Yeah it's shitty that way. If you're a defensive driver and swerve to avoid killing someone and damage your vehicle, you're at fault.

It truly is a lovely system. The house always wins

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So the “right” move is to plow straight ahead and let the bastard hit you? What a fawked up system.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Replacing it with a plaid?

a7f70eca772d63df36023a2208dbcea0.jpg

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder how that would work in the winter time when you can't see the lines on the road...
It will attempt it. It works on gravel roads but it tries to drive on the right side and I usually just like to drive in the middle. On side streets where there are not lane markings it will work as well. Snow is going to be a challenge and they need to figure it out in California conditions first.

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will attempt it. It works on gravel roads but it tries to drive on the right side and I usually just like to drive in the middle. On side streets where there are not lane markings it will work as well. Snow is going to be a challenge and they need to figure it out in California conditions first.
Are you getting your Tesla repaired ,or replacing it with another new car?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you getting your Tesla repaired ,or replacing it with another new car?

Not sure yet. Insurance said $15k damage but they haven’t torn it down yet. Dealing with insurance has been terrible.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few years back I was traveling on an icy road and a 1/2 ton pulled out in front of me from a parking lot. I swerved around him but could not bring my car back and hit a parked vehicle. The police said I should have driven straight into his side door and he is free and clear because there was no contact. They figure no matter the condition you have to be in control of your vehicle. Sorry to hear about the accident John. It is not always fair.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So 2 months later finally got an estimate and sounds like they are going to repair it. The battery was dead (at 0%) for 7 weeks and they charged it today and it appears to be fine.

Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 4.18.47 PM.png

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seen a rivian truck drive thru okanagan couples days ago with texas plates
that thing was fugly

Top Bottom