My Christmas week - Brain bleed - Stroke - Updated Dec 22, 2023

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Ron you better yet, lets ride!!!
I'm not better enough to go to the mountains, probably have to pass on that for the season. Selling my sled, snow checked a 2023 Turbo based on my recovery. Getting better by the day. Going to the ASA Jamboree in Swan Hills next weekend. Entire right side is numb, left side from knee down. Able to eat a lot more already and swallow. Cant drink certain liquids. Still having issues with low blood pressure at time's, not as much as before though, and controlling body temperature, I tend to freeze a lot even though im warm. Even in sauna at 50 deg I can be shivering. And way too many bathroom breaks still. Daily I am improving though.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not better enough to go to the mountains, probably have to pass on that for the season. Selling my sled, snow checked a 2023 Turbo based on my recovery. Getting better by the day. Going to the ASA Jamboree in Swan Hills next weekend. Entire right side is numb, left side from knee down. Able to eat a lot more already and swallow. Cant drink certain liquids. Still having issues with low blood pressure at time's, not as much as before though, and controlling body temperature, I tend to freeze a lot even though im warm. Even in sauna at 50 deg I can be shivering. And way too many bathroom breaks still. Daily I am improving though.
Looking forward to seeing you next weekend boss!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Had a good day at the ASA jamboree with Dean, lyle, Tyler and crew. Dean had an issue at km 45, I had to drag him the rest of the way another 60 km made it back early. Had dinner at the event. Heading home in the morning. Felt good to get out.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Oops forgot the pics

Attachments

• 8C9EEFD6-4FD3-4A4F-80C2-05BECF790D23.jpeg
    8C9EEFD6-4FD3-4A4F-80C2-05BECF790D23.jpeg
    372.9 KB · Views: 199
  • 7FA820B1-C541-4A41-9D04-9E38DE224BB5.jpeg
    7FA820B1-C541-4A41-9D04-9E38DE224BB5.jpeg
    352.4 KB · Views: 198
  • 09FE9192-0E47-4C0C-A6C5-7E7786503222.jpeg
    09FE9192-0E47-4C0C-A6C5-7E7786503222.jpeg
    419.4 KB · Views: 190
  • E9A97C88-7291-4045-9EEF-5472D4DD547F.jpeg
    E9A97C88-7291-4045-9EEF-5472D4DD547F.jpeg
    491.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 1CD995C4-0570-4BD7-8CA7-BA4A2B19DBE8.jpeg
    1CD995C4-0570-4BD7-8CA7-BA4A2B19DBE8.jpeg
    399.4 KB · Views: 213

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Had my chest feeding tube removed, not the best experience as they start just tugging, it comes out followed by stomach acids. Thank goodness I didn't eat or drink anything, it was surprising. They just cover the hole with some gauze and tape and your on your way. Well do this thing was the size of a nickel, the hole was about 1/2". I haven't ate yet but will eat something small tonight. This was done at 11 am, so I have a hole in my chest and one in my stomach. So nice once that is better I can bend down again, and don't have to worry about this thing leaking again.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Chest PEG Tube hole is healing and not bugging me much anymore. Went and got one of my wisdom tooth out today, this has been bugging me prior to the brain bleed. No issue, in and out in 30 minutes. No pain yet, freezing is almost out. Still numb on entire right side and from knee down on left. And right hand is movable but cant control. I'm going to join LA Fitness gym tomorrow and start working things, maybe this will wake things up. AHS is to call me with some rehabilitation appointments but who knows when that will ever happen. My as well start on it myself, surgeon said more I work on better it is for my recovery, ill know when over doing it. Blood pressure has evened out and energy levels are good. I been taking Iron supplements which seemed to have brought my energy levels up. Well, ill just keep on kicking and working at this.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Update May 24:
Right side still numb from chest to foot, Left side is numb from knee down. Able to eat better, still have limitations and harder to swallow most, but getting better. Drinking liquids can be difficult at times but improving. Right hand is slowly getting better, very stiff and numb. Can pick stuff up, can write but sloppy. Going to gym a few times a week to build strengths. Able to sleep nights now. Still have long ways to go but getting there slowly. Was able to take the Harley to Onoway from 231 st. Yellowhead. Just had to get brother in law to do up my helmet. Body is pretty stiff and feels like its cramped up, should be fixed enough for sledding next season.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update May 24:
Right side still numb from chest to foot, Left side is numb from knee down. Able to eat better, still have limitations and harder to swallow most, but getting better. Drinking liquids can be difficult at times but improving. Right hand is slowly getting better, very stiff and numb. Can pick stuff up, can write but sloppy. Going to gym a few times a week to build strengths. Able to sleep nights now. Still have long ways to go but getting there slowly. Was able to take the Harley to Onoway from 231 st. Yellowhead. Just had to get brother in law to do up my helmet. Body is pretty stiff and feels like its cramped up, should be fixed enough for sledding next season.
Awesome to read you were able to get out on your bike and enjoy the hwy man!!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update May 24:

It was good seeing you yesterday! I’m looking forward to sledding with you this coming winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I’m getting there, right side still numb from chest down. it’s quite strange though sometimes the numbness starts to dissipate then gets worse. If I use my right hand to much it spasms and can cramp up. Able to hold a pen and write now, can hold and use a hammer. Been starting to ride the Harley again, from Edmonton to Onoway with no issues. I drove my stepfathers outlander 1000 around his yard was a bit choppy with the thumb throttle. Left side is numb from knee down still. Bathroom visits are getting to be way less as the signals reconnect. Not having frozen or hot spells anymore that seemed to go away just recently. Able to sqeeze 73 lbs with right hand and 129 lbs with left. I’m right handed. I’ve honestly noticed a huge improvement over the last few weeks and I hope this continues. May hit the shooting range this weekend and see how I do with this beretta I’m working on sites all the time taking samples of hazardous building materials. Neiroplacisity is a very interesting thing. I have been extremely fortunate through this entire ordeal and am very content that I will have a great recovery. I will be riding this upcoming season and am looking forward to it. We are also just completing the permit process for my build in Valemount and hope to be breaking ground in August.

Top Bottom