Muskoka Freerider

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its really hard to tell from his videos if any maintenance is happening. Only he knows I guess
I'm just being a smart a$$. But yeah, he's definitely not posting every boring detail of the day.

But for all we know, Matt is a pull and go kinda guy 🤷

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its really hard to tell from his videos if any maintenance is happening. Only he knows I guess
it stands to reason that people are no more or no less maintaining proper tension in general prior to the release of the G5's meaning if loose chains caused that, we'd hear about chain failures all year long, every year from people that don't check, of which i'm sure there are plenty.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like buddies new polaris got flown off the mountain too.

Take your chance with a chain case, or chitty polaris clutches i guess

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have a g5? Has your chaincase blow up yet? 🙄
After I heard about this issue I opened up the chain case and I’m glad I did. A wear spot just started in the same area as the pics I’ve seen of destroyed chain cases and I’ve hardly been on my sled. I did the TKI kit with hyvo sprockets and chain so we’ll see.
The fact that you or anyone else has had one explode in the past doesn’t have anything to do with what’s going on now. The circumstances now would be a new design only part way thru its first season and plenty of busted chain cases.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a G5 with a wear spot in the same area as the pics I’ve seen of destroyed chain cases and I’ve hardly been on my sled. I did the TKI kit with hyvo sprockets and chain so we’ll see.
The fact that you or anyone else has had one explode in the past doesn’t have anything to do with what’s going on now. The circumstances now would be a new design only part way thru its first season and plenty of busted chain cases.

Hopefully that works for you. Maybe theyll improve it next year. Who knows.

If you're out beating on a sled 7 days a week, chits gonna break some times.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a G5 with a wear spot in the same area as the pics I’ve seen of destroyed chain cases and I’ve hardly been on my sled. I did the TKI kit with hyvo sprockets and chain so we’ll see.
The fact that you or anyone else has had one explode in the past doesn’t have anything to do with what’s going on now. The circumstances now would be a new design only part way thru its fi

I wonder if we going to see a set of stationary guides added to the chaincase for 2024?

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if we going to see a set of stationary guides added to the chaincase for 2024?
Dunno, I can’t see BRP doing away with the quick change aspect so yeah, some refinement. Question is, what are they going to do for current owners. Would suck if they adopt a wait and see, case by case basis as opposed to a general recall. Otherwise you’ll find out if your setup is faulty when on the mountain.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dunno, I can’t see BRP doing away with the quick change aspect so yeah, some refinement. Question is, what are they going to do for current owners. Would suck if they adopt a wait and see, case by case basis as opposed to a general recall. Otherwise you’ll find out if your setup is faulty when on the mountain.
Just remember, no one does a recall without being told they MUST do a recall.

All the changes and updates to the G4 850 from '17 to '18 to '19, if you wanted the update, you paid for the update (with the exception of the engine shim). BRP did sell the update for cost (so they told us) with the except of the belt and clutches.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone stood beside this Matt fellow? He must be fairly slender/light...?

I'm actually amazed that he hasn't had more trouble considering his willingness to hold it to the bars for such extended lengths of time... especially at low speeds through the trees. There's such little airflow and cooling available, with crazy high loads in the deep snow and big tracks.

I've been riding +200hp for over 20 years, and in the beginning had considerably less traction/load. The older CVT systems would never stand up to this type of heavy load at low ratios....

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone stood beside this Matt fellow? He must be fairly slender/light...?

I'm actually amazed that he hasn't had more trouble considering his willingness to hold it to the bars for such extended lengths of time... especially at low speeds through the trees. There's such little airflow and cooling available, with crazy high loads in the deep snow and big tracks.

I've been riding +200hp for over 20 years, and in the beginning had considerably less traction/load. The older CVT systems would never stand up to this type of heavy load at low ratios....
He pulled up right beside us last Sunday in the Boulder parking lot at about 9:30am. Gave him a had putting the ramp on the deck as he was still eating his breakfast sandwich from Big Eddie’s. He’s prob 5’11” and in previous videos last year he said he was 165lbs. He’s a bit taller than me and a lot slender. 😂 Definitely helps when you do that much riding. Muscle specific strength and muscle memory goes a long way.

Took me 3 day over two weekends to get my sled legs back. Lol

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well they stepped right up to the plate with the 17, pretty sure BRP will treat their customers the same again.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well they stepped right up to the plate with the 17, pretty sure BRP will treat their customers the same again.
They probably only stepped up because of the hard time you gave them over that design flaw Randy. You should get on the phone with them again and tell them about the chain case 😆

Top Bottom