Muskoka Freerider

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Obviously being an expert/experienced rider is a good thing to be in a situation like that.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boys stayed super calm. Absolutely crucial. Who else has had that familiar nervousness when your on the cusp of spending the night lol a ride that the crew won’t soon forget I’m sure.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boys stayed super calm. Absolutely crucial. Who else has had that familiar nervousness when your on the cusp of spending the night lol a ride that the crew won’t soon forget I’m sure.
Been there done that. Walked with a buddy from somewhere past Sugar Bowl to where the old west lot was along Highway 1 for Boulder parking. Gave it up around 4:30-5pm and got back to the truck about 2am. Totally bagged. We were hooped at 10 am that morning and couldn’t get out. Hired a chopper to lift the sleds back up to where we were trying to get back to. Been gun shy since on sketchy chit. Haha

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been there done that. Walked with a buddy from somewhere past Sugar Bowl to where the old west lot was along Highway 1 for Boulder parking. Gave it up around 4:30-5pm and got back to the truck about 2am. Totally bagged. We were hooped at 10 am that morning and couldn’t get out. Hired a chopper to lift the sleds back up to where we were trying to get back to. Been gun shy since on sketchy chit. Haha

Can I ask why you guys walked??

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can I ask why you guys walked??
1989. No phones, no in reach, never saw another sled the whole way, never saw the groomer. It was April , the weather was nice so we walked it out. First time at Revy so never signed in was mistake number 1. Always sign in and sign out. If you don’t no one’s gonna look for you till someone reports the truck in the lot.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1989. No phones, no in reach, never saw another sled the whole way, never saw the groomer. It was April , the weather was nice so we walked it out. First time at Revy so never signed in was mistake number 1. Always sign in and sign out. If you don’t no one’s gonna look for you till someone reports the truck in the lot.

Kids walked to school in 2ft of snow up hill both ways in those days.
Walk in the park for you.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could feel the tension watching the video. Been there done that. No mistakes On the way out. Save energy ect. And That feeling of getting back to the sled tracks. 💰

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kids walked to school in 2ft of snow up hill both ways in those days.
Walk in the park for you.
Me and buddy had a temper tantrum at the intersection of Bezanson and Kirk up. It was to dark to read the sign at top of the pole so we argued for 20 minutes which way to go. We even tried pulling down the pole. I finally walked down Bezanson about a quarter mile and recognized something from that morning and yelled back to go this way. We had no idea they ended up going to the same spot. Lots of stumbling over moguls in the dark and we were seriously bagged. Good lesson learned.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I meant why walk instead of ride? Too steep??

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I meant why walk instead of ride? Too steep??
Yeah a 89 Mach ton and an 86 Formula plus. Sugar snow and no paddles. Couldn’t get up it. You had to Sidehill across a slope then cut straight up to a bench. We spent probably an hour building a banked speed corner to try and get momentum. We got tired to. Totally in over our heads. Waited for Waldy to come save us but never did. Haha

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah a 89 Mach ton and an 86 Formula plus. Sugar snow and no paddles. Couldn’t get up it. You had to Sidehill across a slope then cut straight up to a bench. We spent probably an hour building a banked speed corner to try and get momentum. We got tired to. Totally in over our heads. Waited for Waldy to come save us but never did. Haha
Probably idle up it with your sled nowadays.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
first time Ever in Blue lake, we didn’t know where we were going, talked to some guy who gave us some half azzed directions to get down to the lake. So we go down this Spot that was WAY too steep to go back up and start following down this Valley thinking we’re heading down to the lake. Welp, long story short, we had dropped in already past the lake and were already phucked at that point but didn’t know know it. Once we eventually did make it back to the cabin I joked that my neck was sore due to “howthefuckitis”. An acute symptom of driving up and down a really steep valley looking up and mumbling howthefuck are we gonna get outta here??? Lmao.
Ahhhh. Good times!

Last edited:

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could feel the tension watching the video.

Me too, that's why I didn't comment. I thought maybe I drank too much coffee. Last week he kept running over logs and stumps in the trees. Sidehilling in the dark accross a slide, jeez.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone in the know recognize the spot?

98% sure I’ve been In that drainage and the alternant route out that he took. Once he hit the old logging roads I’m pretty sure he would have followed my tracks down to the highway from Sunday.

Top Bottom