Muskoka Freerider

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are 2 shutdown modes. First if your hand leaves the bars when armed (only when track is turning) and second when inverted beyond 70 degrees. Now both modes also have a user adjustable time delay before shutdown. You can recover from your hand slipping off or a quick deep lean over before the shutdown occurs. Of course the longer the delays you program the reduced safety you may have. The timers can go from 0.5 second to 3 seconds in 0.5 second increments. We supply a small remote control for programming. We usually ride with 1 second delay for both modes but that is just a balance between safety and avoiding unweanted shut downs. Also if you are climbing and are about to get stuck, 1 second allows for a full throttle and push away manuver so the sled has a chance to climb out of a stuck before the shutdown occurs. If you intentionally invert the sled and start it up it will ignor this shut down mode until upright for 45 seconds. (e.g. chainsawing and rolling out of a stuck) All modes are visully seen via a multicolour LED that gives feedback to the rider. Red = no hand present, Green = laser sees your hand, Blue = laser sees your hand and track is turning (armed) The Violet is when started upside down and shutdown is ignored. Many other visual cues too, flashing during programming, with counts for time delay settings. All modes can be turned on or off too. Vitually plug and play as we set them up with common values before shipping.

Good info! Sawing out of a hole was one concern, as I do so often (maybe too often).

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are 2 shutdown modes. First if your hand leaves the bars when armed (only when track is turning) and second when inverted beyond 70 degrees. Now both modes also have a user adjustable time delay before shutdown. You can recover from your hand slipping off or a quick deep lean over before the shutdown occurs. Of course the longer the delays you program the reduced safety you may have. The timers can go from 0.5 second to 3 seconds in 0.5 second increments. We supply a small remote control for programming. We usually ride with 1 second delay for both modes but that is just a balance between safety and avoiding unweanted shut downs. Also if you are climbing and are about to get stuck, 1 second allows for a full throttle and push away manuver so the sled has a chance to climb out of a stuck before the shutdown occurs. If you intentionally invert the sled and start it up it will ignor this shut down mode until upright for 45 seconds. (e.g. chainsawing and rolling out of a stuck) All modes are visully seen via a multicolour LED that gives feedback to the rider. Red = no hand present, Green = laser sees your hand, Blue = laser sees your hand and track is turning (armed) The Violet is when started upside down and shutdown is ignored. Many other visual cues too, flashing during programming, with counts for time delay settings. All modes can be turned on or off too. Vitually plug and play as we set them up with common values before shipping.
Sled still shuts down if upside down longer than set point if your hands still on the bar or laser blocked by the snow?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled still shuts down if upside down longer than set point if your hands still on the bar or laser blocked by the snow?
Yes, unless you have the roll over sensor shut off. But we don't recommend shutting off either sensor for sledding.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like the West side of A51 on the 1 vid...

Lots of pow back there in the spring time...

The terrain in the back drops normally give up most locations...

Theres powder everywhere if a person scouts things out...

Most riders don't drop down on the W/W shoot since its tricky climbing back out,,, turbo/ super charged sleds climb it like nothing...

Good times for sure,,, We ran across the thunder stuck dudes back there over the years...

Spring runs are the best since its normally not socked in as much,,, A51 is just a fraction larger then R block...

Jt

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you see today's video. Best yet with that stupid deep pow. That Matryx Boost works. I did not expect a 155 to do so well in that chest deep pow.

As far as sending a Phantom Teth-Air to him, I would but he said he was going to a finger throttle. We cannot support a design for a finger throttle as had way too many guys tell us the horror stories of those and lefty throttles. It is too bad that most of my customers are those that have already seen what can happen without a tether. Snowmobilers are "risk takers" by nature, unfortunatley.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, unless you have the roll over sensor shut off. But we don't recommend shutting off either sensor for sledding.
Good to know. Prob should turn it off for for back flips and barrel rolls. Lol

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you see today's video. Best yet with that stupid deep pow. That Matryx Boost works. I did not expect a 155 to do so well in that chest deep pow.

As far as sending a Phantom Teth-Air to him, I would but he said he was going to a finger throttle. We cannot support a design for a finger throttle as had way too many guys tell us the horror stories of those and lefty throttles. It is too bad that most of my customers are those that have already seen what can happen without a tether. Snowmobilers are "risk takers" by nature, unfortunatley.
What is wrong with the munster with the guard. I can see lefty but the guard should help with the finger throttle

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is wrong with the munster with the guard. I can see lefty but the guard should help with the finger throttle
My thoughts exactly. Even without the guard. I feel better having the guard, but I have yet to hit shutting with it in three seasons.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Threw his latest video on and my 2month old was fascinated haha. Watched it for a good 5 minutes straight
20220108_103706.jpg
20220108_103706.jpg

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tree branches still hit the throttle I am told and lots of guys complained about throttle cable damage with them. Then the cable sticks.
Yeah I have heard that too about the throttle cable issues. My buddy just had his fray apart two weeks ago. Not sure what the difference is, but Muskoka free rider even said it himself in last years videos. Something must be different about it.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome job on his videos!!! He is a good tree rider and kudos to having both brands of boosted factory sleds.

Top Bottom