Muskoka Freerider

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if many of the guys in these videos were alive in 96. Definitely an old guy now.

Although my first venture to the mountains was on a 97 powder special at the ripe age of 13. Maybe that makes me old too.

Yep ur old too. Welcome to the club😂

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didnt start mountain riding until 2010 at the ripe age of 27 but I still feel old regardless haha

Youre older than me by my math lol

I started young. Edit. Im 2 years older. My math aint so good any more lol

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really makes you appreciate how hard the old guys had to work back in the day just to get to the alpine

Started on a 2000 Summit 151- 700 and still had to work a hill to get to the next valley-drainage. It was more fun having to work at something to get somewhere.

Now you just go up and go and cover more ground in a day.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Started on a 2000 Summit 151- 800 and still had to work a hill to get to the next valley-drainage. It was more fun having to work at something to get somewhere.

Now you just go up and go and cover more ground in a day.

this is very true, our need to find terrain to suit these machines is expanding exponentially. I used to spend an entire day on my summit 600 dropping down a drainage below the cabins and literally fighting my way back up. Now i drive through them and just laugh in my helmet at the amount of time we used to spend in one small area.

solarguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is very true, our need to find terrain to suit these machines is expanding exponentially. I used to spend an entire day on my summit 600 dropping down a drainage below the cabins and literally fighting my way back up. Now i drive through them and just laugh in my helmet at the amount of time we used to spend in one small area.
I lmao every time we ride through some of the areas we thought were tough, it’s the bunny hill now😂

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lmao every time we ride through some of the areas we thought were tough, it’s the bunny hill now😂
Actually had to edit my post as it was a 700 and the first OEM production long track 151.

The said at the time that the 151 was going to be too long 😂

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sometimes These new machines upset me. Buddy’s and I always had good trackless terrain to ride as we would make a plan to drop in somewhere so we could get out. Now those secret areas that are usually untouched seem to have the odd set of tracks in them. The machines we have now can blast up that drop in 4ft of snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom