Muskoka Freerider

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a bunch of wives on here being worried when their husbands go riding. And we say, we’ll be careful don’t worry. This can be a dangerous sport and will bite you hard when ever it chooses to. I’ve had to dig friends out and I have a feeling muskoka will have to eventually also.

Look at the sleds we are riding. To push the sled or ourselves we are getting very deep into danger zones, well beyond what is safe. We know that packing our gear before we leave. It is up to us to have the best gear and training to mitigate the risks we are WILLINGLY taking to insure a safe return. Let's not kid ourselves on what we do and where we go, just make sure we minimize the exposure of the risk tolerance we take. Shat ya I regularly play outside of what is safe, BUT minimize the exposure and have mitigation for spotting and rescue within and outside of the team before you point uphill and pull the trigger.
Let's not question Matt for doing what 99% of us regularly do. If we run our turbo, NA or that most awesome 9R to its limit and have to loop out, well, we have long since crossed that safe line. Just make the best remaing choices when crossing it.

Last edited:

solarguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well stated, I don’t think peeps are picking on Matt, just a reminder (as you stated) of the dangers we expose ourselves to. Exposing multiple people in your group on certain slopes can be a recipe for disaster. My hope is everyone reading this topic will be reminded of basic Avi safety 101.
We all get complacent at times and reminders are a good thing.

solarguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering if something is wrong with the turbo doo, Matt has not been on it for days. He has not even put a can on the poo, first thing we always do, room to get in the engine compartment and dumps 9lbs or more depending on the can. SLP can is probably the quietest, close to stock and cooker mount. I put a diamond S on my 9R (saves 12 lbs ), wish i would have done SLP as the titanium Diamond S is it a bit loud for my liking. Advertised as fairly close to stock, not so much:(

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He probably doesnt want to mile the thing out so its still worth something at the end of the season

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering if something is wrong with the turbo doo, Matt has not been on it for days. He has not even put a can on the poo, first thing we always do, room to get in the engine compartment and dumps 9lbs or more depending on the can. SLP can is probably the quietest, close to stock and cooker mount. I put a diamond S on my 9R (saves 12 lbs ), wish i would have done SLP as the titanium Diamond S is it a bit loud for my liking. Advertised as fairly close to stock, not so much:(

there are a pile of people without 9r and looking for content. I think hes trying to give that to them

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great new Muskako video today! Turcotte and him Laughing at the Turbo Doo not being able to make it up where they were was hilarious. Must have been low elevation

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

solarguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They should have went up to the alpine to turbo territory to even the playing field LOL
Or they could have gone to the meadows to see who could wheelie the furthest.
And it was multiple turbos flailing and not able to get up to the two 9R’s😂👏At 1800 meters.

Top Bottom