Muskoka Freerider

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a peep. I noticed he was down on oil so maybe got his feet up in Ontario right now?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He said he was goin to can a few episodes for fall, that's why he stretched the days to 2 part videos... out of oil lol that was another thing he mentioned, probably getting close to work time out east... Cant wait for a season wrap vid and other stuff to come! thanks again Matt for a season of vids that keep us coming back. If you know him, tell him we say that!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He said he was goin to can a few episodes for fall, that's why he stretched the days to 2 part videos... out of oil lol that was another thing he mentioned, probably getting close to work time out east... Cant wait for a season wrap vid and other stuff to come! thanks again Matt for a season of vids that keep us coming back. If you know him, tell him we say that!
I would be curious as to how much fuel and oil he burnt this season.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look through past seasons, he has done a cost analysis before. I'm sure that number was higher this year with fuel prices.
Well at $2 per litre of fuel and my buddy that rode Doo said it costs more for oil than fuel if you ride a Doo hard, you can expect:

40 litres/day on a turbo (we often see him carrying fuel). so 60ish days = 2400 litres or $4800 for fuel and equal or more for oil.

$10 grand operating costs for sleds alone.

My other buddy with a turbo Doo only uses about 25 litres/day for fuel and max. 1 litre of oil/day. And what is Doo oil going for now? $15-$20/litre?

The Boost Polaris probably uses similar fuel but not sure on the oil?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good videos again this season, enjoyed by all.

I had never heard of Muskoka Ontario before the videos. Looks like a nice place to live though.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've driven through a few times, the wife's family is littered over that area and north... Great trail setups for sledding and a beautiful spot in the fall, kinda like the mountains but flat and red lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've driven through a few times, the wife's family is littered over that area and north... Great trail setups for sledding and a beautiful spot in the fall, kinda like the mountains but flat and red lol

Looks like lots of private lakes& wicked boating

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well at $2 per litre of fuel and my buddy that rode Doo said it costs more for oil than fuel if you ride a Doo hard, you can expect:

40 litres/day on a turbo (we often see him carrying fuel). so 60ish days = 2400 litres or $4800 for fuel and equal or more for oil.

$10 grand operating costs for sleds alone.

My other buddy with a turbo Doo only uses about 25 litres/day for fuel and max. 1 litre of oil/day. And what is Doo oil going for now? $15-$20/litre?

The Boost Polaris probably uses similar fuel but not sure on the oil?
I've burnt a full tank of gas in 3 hrs with my 850 and still had just under half a tank of oil.
Even at $20/ liter(I don't pay that use Ipone $60/5L) of oil it's half the cost of gas at $2/l

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tons of fishing lodges on the rock bottom lakes, blue green water. and the fresh Cheese curds lol Poutine Bombs!

Family does a Pig roast in Sudbury for August long... might have to attend this year.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've burnt a full tank of gas in 3 hrs with my 850 and still had just under half a tank of oil.
Even at $20/ liter(I don't pay that use Ipone $60/5L) of oil it's half the cost of gas at $2/l
Revy price is high if you pay list. And what do they hold 2.5 litres? So you used maybe 1.5 litres? I guess that could be $30 in oil? That is 1/2. Not sure where my buddy got his numbers.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i can burn 3/4 of a tank of oil in my turbo no problem in one day. I came down on oil and gas light a few times. That's equivalent to more than half a jug so 30+$ of oil on a deep sunny day and i get a good discount.

Top Bottom