"Mud-bogging on crown land in Alberta will become quite illegal in the near future"

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Mud-bogging on crown land in Alberta will become quite illegal in the near future"

These words rang out clearly to me in a chance meeting with a high level Gov't employee at last season's ATV and Sled show in Edmonton.

Your thoughts??

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: "Mud-bogging on crown land in Alberta will become quite illegal in the near futur

If the ATV community doesn't get their chit together and organize so there is a united group voicing their concerns then you are probably right.... On the plus side the SRD doesn't have near the budget they'd need to enforce any new laws so it won't matter anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: "Mud-bogging on crown land in Alberta will become quite illegal in the near futur

These words rang out clearly to me in a chance meeting with a high level Gov't employee at last season's ATV and Sled show in Edmonton.

Your thoughts??

i wonder what he meant buy mud bogging... looking for large holes or any muddy trail... here in alberta you often don't have a choice or dont ride...good luck enforceing that... just hit the gas wave one finger and go will be the answer... cops cant chase real bad guys so i don't believe they can chase an atv... and stupid laws deserve stupid responces to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

i wonder what he meant buy mud bogging... looking for large holes or any muddy trail... here in alberta you often don't have a choice or dont ride...good luck enforceing that... just hit the gas wave one finger and go will be the answer... cops cant chase real bad guys so i don't believe they can chase an atv... and stupid laws deserve stupid responces to them.

That response right here is whats going to shut down Alberta. ESRD has all the money in the world to enforce rules but they have none to enhance riding areas. Look what they did in the Bighorn.
Its time to rethink what we can do in the crown land people. Unnessary destruction to the wetlands will close off Alberta. Minimize your impact don`t maximize your impact on the ground.

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Better that way than ripping up some farmers hay field.

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Striking a reasonable balance will take energy for sure. Hope that energy comes together sooner than later.

Coming soon to another Province near(or around(?)) you:
from another post on S&M:
" Mud bogging banned in bc
Does anyone have any details on this ban on crown land? are we supposed stick to the trails only, and where do we draw the line?"

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Mud-bogging on crown land in Alberta will become quite illegal in the near fut

Irresponsible atv riders made it necessary for this law look at what they did to HHA. Yes they needs to make groups and trails and riding areas but respect the land. If you feel cause its govt land you can do whatever you want remember that when the govt wants to push their pipeline/power line through your place.
One finger wave and they start brushing and digging trench who's going to stop them. And who cares about clean up fawk it its not mine.
Atv rides that big their machines to her axles every chance they get and rip the chit out of every piece of land they can are azz holes and see the reason why these laws are even being proposed. Good job guys

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: "Mud-bogging on crown land in Alberta will become quite illegal in the near fut

Laws are gettin FKN ridiculous, let us ride in piece WTF!!! 20 yrs ago there were no BS rules and no complaints. Now that theres the Internet boards, everyone has to be the "righteous" ones :/

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: "Mud-bogging on crown land in Alberta will become quite illegal in the near fut

Laws are gettin FKN ridiculous, let us ride in piece WTF!!! 20 yrs ago there were no BS rules and no complaints. Now that theres the Internet boards, everyone has to be the "righteous" ones :/

i can understand your concern, but there was way less riders out there on quads, way smaller tires. i'm thinking more 4x4 trucks, how many places can they ride now? the back country has become a mess as such, stream xings are a 100 foot wide. certain areas u must stay on the trail, time limits to ride in some area's, etc etc. i see big restrictions coming and not to far in the future. the days of a free for all are coming to an end. quicker unless we can govern ourselves

whatever happened to 24 inch tires?

Last edited:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

For some of the responses here its only a matter of time before any crown land will be off limits, not today or tomorrow but with some of the attitudes its no wonder. I see alot of abuse caused by quads. Eventualy you will have to have your own quarter section to play.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hmm, companies like Suncor can rape the earth but me driving my quad down a cut line made with a D6 in persuit of oil is bad??

cutlines are usually reclaimed by the oil companies, pipeline ROW's are usually not treed, due to needing access. they do have to meet government guidelines, previous years they got away with more crap not now. i like riding cutlines and have been known to cross a creek or two also go for a swim occasionally, but the area's are becoming a mess.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

For some of the responses here its only a matter of time before any crown land will be off limits, not today or tomorrow but with some of the attitudes its no wonder. I see alot of abuse caused by quads. Eventualy you will have to have your own quarter section to play.

or the trails will be like the ones at the bighorn, you can drive a golf cart on those ones with no effort. The point is guys, the government is changing the rules in regards to back country access. Take a few minutes and google the "Lower Athabasca Regional Plan" this is a great example of what is going on in our province right now. The one they are currently working on is the South Saskatchewan Plan, with North Saskatchewan in its sights as well as 2 other areas.

Stop running every mud hole and tearing the chit out of it, yes, we all like to run the mud from time to time, but there is a time and a place for it. Cross the creeks and rivers at the narrowest possible point. do NOT run up and down the creek, and do your best to not spin the heck out of your tires while you're doing it. Be respectful.... "Big Brother is watching"

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

and he has thousands of people reporting the bad stuff.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Mud-bogging on crown land in Alberta will become quite illegal in the near fut

What a joke, Im not gonna change anything about where or when or how I ride my big green mud machine, Im not hurting nothing or nobody while Im doing it, been doing it my while life so tough $hit

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I suggest we all go back to Honda fourtrax`s.................It is the only way.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

4 wheelin SUX without mud, hills, holes. I understand if its on a farmers crop field etc but on a bush trail?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

What a joke, Im not gonna change anything about where or when or how I ride my big green mud machine, Im not hurting nothing or nobody while Im doing it, been doing it my while life so tough $hit

its attitudes like this that ARE and HAVE gotten area's shut down.......

Whitemud Rally -- Shutdown by SRD
Medicine Lake Rally -- Shutdown by SRD

how many more rally's and area's need to be shut down before people wise up and change their attitudes?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

its attitudes like this that ARE and HAVE gotten area's shut down.......

Whitemud Rally -- Shutdown by SRD
Medicine Lake Rally -- Shutdown by SRD

how many more rally's and area's need to be shut down before people wise up and change their attitudes?
Harmon Valley....

it's a shame that the hard work and dedication of a few can be ruined by the attitudes of those such as tmo1620. tick tock

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am afraid that you are spitting into the wind, when someone has been given everything in life that they want, the moment that someone suggests treading lightly, they freak! I love the mud as much as the next guy, but with more areas being shut down, I can see the need for self restraint.

Top Bottom