Mountain Magic 1:1 fuel pressure regulator

4dzrule

Reaction score
Tried my new 1:1 fuel pressure regulator yesterday, went to Kakwa and unloaded at -30*C. Once the pressure was dialed in she ran way cooler(egt's) on the trail in the mid range, it was a little lazy out of the hole at elevation, talked to Ken and they had the same issue, just had to back the pressure down slightly until it wasn't so rich on the bottom end, then just turned up mode 3 and 4 to compensate. Went 80 miles and from -30 to -10 and back to -20 on the way out. Sled starts like a stocker when cold, sled sat in the garage for 2 weeks and started 1st pull. Of course it still pulls like a diesel in the top end. This is a good upgrade for anyone else running a MMagic M8 Turbo, just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone else has tried one yet?:beer:

oly

Reaction score
Ya I have just installed one in my M1000. Everything seems to be better for now. Definatley got rid of the hard starting problem! However I have huge flooding on my exhaust side. It seems to be flooding or something. As soon as I go full throttle some times I can only pull 6000rpm... I don't know if you experianced the same thing or not. I'm runnin the 66 areo. I'm at:

Mode- 1
4-5
5-6
5-6
5-6
I'm thinking of moving the last mode to 6-7 for the rpm fuel engagement. But I have experianced the full potential of 285 ish HP in spurts I just want it all the time!:d

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I have just installed one in my M1000. Everything seems to be better for now. Definatley got rid of the hard starting problem! However I have huge flooding on my exhaust side. It seems to be flooding or something. As soon as I go full throttle some times I can only pull 6000rpm... I don't know if you experianced the same thing or not. I'm runnin the 66 areo. I'm at:

Mode- 1
4-5
5-6
5-6
5-6
I'm thinking of moving the last mode to 6-7 for the rpm fuel engagement. But I have experianced the full potential of 285 ish HP in spurts I just want it all the time!:d

Check to make sure you dont have an exhust valve cable that is sticky as that'll cause the issue you are talkin about.

oly

Reaction score
Check to make sure you dont have an exhust valve cable that is sticky as that'll cause the issue you are talkin about.

Thanks Glen! What do I look for in it being sticky?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Glen! What do I look for in it being sticky?

unhook the exhaust valve cables from the servo motor and see if you can pull them by hand. If not then pull the exhaust valves and check to see that they are clean and if they are then replace the cables.

dwayne2960

Reaction score
Are you running a new fuel pump with your turbo setup? if so you know what patr number it was? was there an adapter that you had to slip onto the bottom of the pump with a barb fitting?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you running a new fuel pump with your turbo setup? if so you know what patr number it was? was there an adapter that you had to slip onto the bottom of the pump with a barb fitting?

The aftermarket pump that i always use is from cutler. It all hooks right into stock pump location so that you still only have one pump. And then you just need the pigtail wire connector so that you can hook into your accesory power for the pump as the stock pump plug doesn't have enough power to run the new pump.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The aftermarket pump that i always use is from cutler. It all hooks right into stock pump location so that you still only have one pump. And then you just need the pigtail wire connector so that you can hook into your accesory power for the pump as the stock pump plug doesn't have enough power to run the new pump.

Have heard from couple of different builders that even the Cutler pump can runout of fuel in some high boost applications, or on 2 to 1 regulators. They are recommending Twisteds setup, a modified Polaris pump.

oly

Reaction score
Turns out on the lap top that I was throwing a pipe senor code wich in turn was throwing a power vavle code. I did check the lines and it sounded and felt really smooth.. I think it might be that sensor in the big pipe ch!t the bed.

BEGA

Reaction score
Tried my new 1:1 fuel pressure regulator yesterday, went to Kakwa and unloaded at -30*C. Once the pressure was dialed in she ran way cooler(egt's) on the trail in the mid range, it was a little lazy out of the hole at elevation, talked to Ken and they had the same issue, just had to back the pressure down slightly until it wasn't so rich on the bottom end, then just turned up mode 3 and 4 to compensate. Went 80 miles and from -30 to -10 and back to -20 on the way out. Sled starts like a stocker when cold, sled sat in the garage for 2 weeks and started 1st pull. Of course it still pulls like a diesel in the top end. This is a good upgrade for anyone else running a MMagic M8 Turbo, just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone else has tried one yet?:beer:

I have to agree it's like a new sled!! I also did the 901 big bore this year and that thing runs like a Swiss watch, never did I expect it to run so consistent between 1000-8000 feet!! Thank-good for the 174" or she would be a little squirley!! Mountain Magic:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:!!

dwayne2960

Reaction score
yes same problem, 09 M8 53 aero turbo attitude box, played around with clutching and fuel pressure this last weekend. goes hard when it wants to! pulls hard the first 2 seconds thens lets off and goes again, if i'm in deep snow most times will bog at around 7500 rpm. installed lighter wieghts was better but now i'm hiting 8400 rpm and coming down to 8250ish. dont know what else to try?? fuel pressure is always stable

oly

Reaction score
Well... I had this machine dialed in perfect! it was running great until about 3 pm Friday in Allan Creek and my last line I pulled the clunking started and poof the crank broke! NICE! But other than the heli ride to get it out and sitting in the hotel drinking my face off for the rest of the weekend because we had no room this trip for my spare sled I sat in the room. The sled was unbelievable and couldn't be happier! All my buds went and rode westridge the rest of the weekend back the the ol' 92! and bluebird days and rubbed it in my face, But im a trooper and with a tear in my eye was happy they got such nice weather!

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well... I had this machine dialed in perfect! it was running great until about 3 pm Friday in Allan Creek and my last line I pulled the clunking started and poof the crank broke! NICE! But other than the heli ride to get it out and sitting in the hotel drinking my face off for the rest of the weekend because we had no room this trip for my spare sled I sat in the room. The sled was unbelievable and couldn't be happier! All my buds went and rode westridge the rest of the weekend back the the ol' 92! and bluebird days and rubbed it in my face, But im a trooper and with a tear in my eye was happy they got such nice weather!

Hey Oly how much boost did you say you were running on that stock motor??

4dzrule

Reaction score

shitty deal, how many miles on the engine?

oly

Reaction score
I was running 8 lbs. The sled has 3000 km but everything has been rebuilt new except the bottom end. Didn't cross my mind at the time. So maybe 200 km on the new stuff. The pistons are perfect, the crank went throught the bottom of the engine! Talked to Linderman and he said he sees alot of it happening with the oil pump missing a squirt. He said all his big Hp machines he cuts off the oil pump and runs 20:1 directly in the gas tank.. This sucks... I need a whole new engine now.. even the mag jug got beat up pretty bad. I hope nothing made it into the turbo (fingers crossed)

oly

Reaction score
It was the the bearing that popped right out.

Top Bottom