Mosquitoes? KD gotcha covered!

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
One time, I accidentally left my outside work lights on into the dark. I looked up and saw a million mosquitoes and bugs. I thought, hf that’s a lot of mosquitoes. A few minutes later some bats arrived and disappeared the swarm of bugs!
A couple weeks later I was camping at a friends cabin. Mosquitoes were a plenty. I asked him if he had some work lights. He brought out a work light stand and I set it 30ft from cabin and pointed the lights straight into the air. Yep, you guessed it, the mosquitoes swarmed it and the bats showed up 15 minutes later and devoured them.
Feel free to try this method but no guarantees it’ll fix your infestation.

July 2020 update-Tons of mosquitoes in Lower Mainland like never before. I saw a bat and they are usually tiny. The bat was sooooo fat. It didn’t look like a bat. I think the numerous mosquitoes are causing fat bats this year. Your bat fatness may vary.
Cool tip-On a lake, at night the bats will travel to each cabin light and eat the delicious bugs. They go to the next one and the next one wiping out the bugs at each light. It’s kinda like a drive thru dining for bats. So be patient and the bats might come to a light near you! IMG_6883.jpg

Last edited:

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One time, I accidentally left my outside work lights on into the dark. I looked up and saw a million mosquitoes and bugs. I thought, hf that’s a lot of mosquitoes. A few minutes later some bats arrived and disappeared the swarm of bugs!
A couple weeks later I was camping at a friends cabin. Mosquitoes were a plenty. I asked him if he had some work lights. He brought out a work light stand and I set it 30ft from cabin and pointed the lights straight into the air. Yep, you guessed it, the mosquitoes swarmed it and the bats showed up 15 minutes later and devoured them.
Feel free to try this method but no guarantees it’ll fix your infestation. View attachment 227272

What an amazing story and tip. I can’t wait to try it. Great thread idea btw, bugs are attracted to light, who knew?

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bats are always there. We have a ton of them out at the lake. You can see them flying around at dusk devouring the buggage. As it gets dark and we're sitting around the fire you can sometimes feel them get close. The light would work good to bring on the bugs, like the fire probably does.

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
This idea works awesome, set it up almost every weekend after reading the original post thx dog

Top Bottom