Mono suit

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a mono suit. Any big guys wear them. I wear a 3xl klim coat and 3xl tall bibs. Anyone thoughts? Hard to find them available so probably order online.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my Tobe gear, 4th season now and still going strong. Couple issues I did have their warranty was top notch. Stitching in my boots came apart in my second season and sent a brand new set of boots no cost and didn't have to send my old ones back. Ripped my monosuit and they repaired it for free. Can't get much better that that in my opinion. And on top of that their gear has some of the best waterproof ratings. But like all good products its comes at a cost and they aren't the cheapest by any means.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ripped my tobe mono suit a few years ago and they were awesome to deal with, I had a trip coming up and one of the tobe reps was going to bring my suit and meet me in Revy. I am on my second suit now and they are top notch. Our whole group rides in mono suits and have no complaints.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe get a set that zips at the waist? I'm going to try an FXR setup a buddy bought too small for himself. I put a day in it last year and liked the bibs/Jacket setup for getting ready but loved that it zipped together too.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I went to a mono suit last year. 3xl klim. I will be going back to bibs and coat. I hate when I get to the cabin at the end of the day and have the stupid top hanging off me. Was nice to be able to hang the coat up. It’s no warmer either than bibs and a coat. I haven’t figured out the benefits of the moon suit yet.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a mono suit. Any big guys wear them. I wear a 3xl klim coat and 3xl tall bibs. Anyone thoughts? Hard to find them available so probably order online.
If you order online… what’s the best sites you’ve found?

or what is everyone else’s go to for purchases? Online or retail/dealer?

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I bought both mine at the sled shows but that's not an option anymore, I bought my wife's tobe monosuit last year through royaldistributing.com got it for $599 and the exact same suit was $1100 in stores, the sizes are limited on royal's website but check it out.

jereber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X4 for TOBE I've had their boots for 4 years and now their monosuit all last season. Amazing quality!!

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe get a set that zips at the waist? I'm going to try an FXR setup a buddy bought too small for himself. I put a day in it last year and liked the bibs/Jacket setup for getting ready but loved that it zipped together too.
I would not recommend the FXR suit the zips up in the middle of your accustom to Klim, or TOBE. Unless you don’t mine bring wet and cold.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

https://ca.tobeouterwear.com/collections/outlet-1

Old stock. Always on sale, but limited sizes and colors sometimes. Better sales at the end of the season. Only pink larges left, but half price. I had good selection in the spring.

Squireller

Reaction score

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TOBE for the win. The gear is fantastic. No going back.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to a mono suit last year. 3xl klim. I will be going back to bibs and coat. I hate when I get to the cabin at the end of the day and have the stupid top hanging off me. Was nice to be able to hang the coat up. It’s no warmer either than bibs and a coat. I haven’t figured out the benefits of the moon suit yet.
The biggest reason I prefer my monosuit over the jacket / bibs setup is moisture evacuation on the front and back. The bibs create a double layer and I always end up with a buildup of sweat in those 2 areas. Get even worse with an avy vest. As soon as you sit for any amount of time, then I'd get cold. Non-issue with the onesie. Temp stays way more consistent.
I will agree that it sucks when you want to take the upper part off. I just open vents in that scenario.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest reason I prefer my monosuit over the jacket / bibs setup is moisture evacuation on the front and back. The bibs create a double layer and I always end up with a buildup of sweat in those 2 areas. Get even worse with an avy vest. As soon as you sit for any amount of time, then I'd get cold. Non-issue with the onesie. Temp stays way more consistent.
I will agree that it sucks when you want to take the upper part off. I just open vents in that scenario.
That and if I have a really bad wipeout at speed I'm not cleaning snow out of the inside of my jacket and bibs!

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone try a ckx suit. Haven't found a suit yet bc my pants are fawked. Need to find something asap.

If anyone has seen a 5x klim suit Iet me know. I wear 3x in everything but these mono suits all seem too small

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There is a Klim/509 sale Group on FB that I found a couple of months ago, that's where I got my Klim Storm bibs right before Christmas. I see a lot of those mono suits for sale on there too.
Rocky Mountain Snowmobile usually has a lot of stuff in stock as well.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find with mono suits your best to go to a dealer and try them on as they all fit differently, and support your local dealer they have good deals on right now.

Definitely true, a klim size large mono suit fits me perfect, a Tobe size large makes me look like I’m playing gangsta it’s so big

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find with mono suits your best to go to a dealer and try them on as they all fit differently, and support your local dealer they have good deals on right now.

I agree with this. My local dealers have none. I'm looking for anything at this point.

Top Bottom