Mobility and home phone costs

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How in 20 years have we gone from $25 for home phone and peasant vision to watch hockey games, to my last months telus screwing for a home with 3 cell phones, 1 internet hub for the shop, home phone lite, tv and internet $679.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy fack! That’s ridiculous, any chance it’s an error? Somebody go way over on data?
We’re you calling the late night 1-800 numbers:)

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya I was checking it’s fck’d
3 phones basically $80-$85 each a month plus the phone lease / purchase cost
$65 for the hub
internet $95+$20 unlimited data
home line $13 why I have this is dumb
tv $85 plus box lease.

not to mention:
prime $90 a year
netflix $18 a month

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're paying $65 a month for the hub? Something is wrong, I bought mine outright for like $200. You're obviously using a chit ton of data for the phones to be that pricey.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the hub is free the service is 100gb a month for $65
no one is over anything on data…. I’m thinking the replies would make me say time for a review with telus, I agree it’s BS.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the hub is free the service is 100gb a month for $65
no one is over anything on data…. I’m thinking the replies would make me say time for a review with telus, I agree it’s BS.

So you have a internet hub and regular internet? Yea services ain't cheap but you also got an insane amount of services.....

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like this thread, we are getting ripped on telcom.

I think we should just pay for what we use. They know what we use, just bill me for that please.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My wife pays $80.00/month for 2 iPhones XR with unlimited data, which includes financing of both phones. But this is a cooperate rate.
I pay $83.00/month for Shaw internet.
We don't get Telus here, unless we went through a land line. Last land line I paid for was in 2006

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can burn up 10G of data a month on my cell phone

Happens a lot camping watch NASCAR

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds about right telus is one of the higher priced providers.. My cable bill is around $140, 2 cell phones about 85 each. nothing through telus as i found their prices about %20 higher. ch!t i remember when home phone was $25, cable was about $50, internet about $20, and if you wanted a a cell you went on pay and talk where the min would never expire.. Shows how bad we are getting screwed by these companies Canada is one of the highest price for these services

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Telus are a bunch of crooks just like our utility companies owned by billionaires who don’t give a shyt and the useless government lets them carry on

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
We went through everything last year and changed a bunch of stuff up. We dropped telus all together, we used them for satellite TV & home phone at one point it was $169/month but after we complained it went to $90/month but we decided to just scrap it when we re-did our roof.
Cell phones are @ $69/month for 10G from Koodo after threatening to leave. Internet is $89/month for unlimited data at 10 mb/s and we pay for Crave & Prime. Netflix is paid for by Daughter #1 & Disney is paid for by Daughter #2 - I was worried about missing hockey (basically the only thing I used the satellite for) but I see I can get it through stack TV on our Crave account.

They are all crooks and will randomly up the pricing if your not watching at one point we were paying;
$169/mth - Telus
$96/mth X 2 for cell phones
$129/mth internet
Plus our Crave/Prime/Netflix/Disney

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
interesting on how the Gov stepped in a few years ago and all service providers. phone , internet, tv were to create a pricing structure and lower the prices... Well that lasted less than 6 months until the providers found a loop hole and the prices are actually worse

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just switched our internet and TV packages with Eastlink as well, went from $173/month to $127/month and still have the same 5 channels we watch and our 350mbps internet.

hevy_chevy67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I switched to Koodo from Telus, nearly chopped my bill in half. Stupid thing is Telus owns Koodo, bunch of crooks.

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pay $46 a month for Koodo. Which gives me 4G of data. I have been with them for years and they just have me another 10G of data a month. Just can change contracts or i lose it. I never use all my data anyways as always connected to wifi at work or at home and dont really use much data anywhere else as not surfing my phone. Cable no idea as my landlord pays all that and it is in on rent.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went through everything last year and changed a bunch of stuff up. We dropped telus all together, we used them for satellite TV & home phone at one point it was $169/month but after we complained it went to $90/month but we decided to just scrap it when we re-did our roof.
Cell phones are @ $69/month for 10G from Koodo after threatening to leave. Internet is $89/month for unlimited data at 10 mb/s and we pay for Crave & Prime. Netflix is paid for by Daughter #1 & Disney is paid for by Daughter #2 - I was worried about missing hockey (basically the only thing I used the satellite for) but I see I can get it through stack TV on our Crave account.

They are all crooks and will randomly up the pricing if your not watching at one point we were paying;
$169/mth - Telus
$96/mth X 2 for cell phones
$129/mth internet
Plus our Crave/Prime/Netflix/Disney
crap and you can't get your poor old dad a phone for fathers day?

Top Bottom