Mirage 20’ 3 place

bradtothebone

Reaction score
Interested in how the heater performs?! 15kbtu enough, blower?

if you fire it up it a cold trailer (-15) how long to heat? Looks
like a good way to go...

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The furnace portion works good but the blower is too small to move the heat far enough. It needs a few fans to keep the warm moving back or a bigger blower. I will insulate further and see. I’ve got an icy floor Right now.

it runs while doing 120 down the highway! That I like.

Last edited:

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Originally had a 25000 in my 30 ft trailer, when we put 4 cold icy sleds in it it wasn't near enough, went to a 45000, slight overkill, but at -25 heats nice!!

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got this one for a steal and wanted to try it out... I’d just go with a 40k proper unit if I did it again....

it melts the snow and ice off 3 sleds and is way better than getting ready outside the truck or at the hotel. Icy floor though...

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m going to wall mount a couple Small electric fans low in the rear and wire them in.

i haven’t insulated the walls at all. It’s 1/4” board and aluminum skin. I think just sealing the between stud area at the bottom with spray foam will make a big difference. 1” of dead interstitial space will be a lot better than open bottom. But I don’t want to seal them until it’s completely wired up... I’m going to put a solar setup with a proper inverter/converter/charger unit.

work in progress like most of my junk....

then I might spray foam the whole underside... that should help the icing no?

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doing the whole underside helps ALOT
I ended up putting enough spray foam that it covered the cross braces because they pulled so much heat out ( cold in ) that even with the heated floor on cold days you could feel the cross braces
Before the heated floor I would have lines of frost/ ice on the floor

bradtothebone

Reaction score
Maybe a 30btu propane garage heaters? Lot of air flow, amp draw at 1.9 max?
is
Minimal for running it. Downside is ac required - either a couple of batteries and an inverter? Or plug or a genny?

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doing the whole underside helps ALOT
I ended up putting enough spray foam that it covered the cross braces because they pulled so much heat out ( cold in ) that even with the heated floor on cold days you could feel the cross braces
Before the heated floor I would have lines of frost/ ice on the floor

Any concerns about trapping moisture in between the foam and the steel? I saw a travel trailer spray foamed once and the frame was totally rotted through with rust....really nice arctic fox trailer that had to be scrapped because of it.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice heater pkg i think thats us dollars though

Last edited:

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any concerns about trapping moisture in between the foam and the steel? I saw a travel trailer spray foamed once and the frame was totally rotted through with rust....really nice arctic fox trailer that had to be scrapped because of it.

I wonder when the arctic fox was done, when it was new or after a few years ? If any road salt was on it i could see lots of problems
I could see problems on a trailer that wasn't properly cleaned or prepped, I also epoxied my floor to make sure there would be no leaks
My trailer had a thick heavy undercoat and the spray foam stuck right to it

Top Bottom