Might Wait For MY 2016

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been looking up all info that I can find on New 800HO motor and averaging it all out looks to be 168hp and 36 pounds lighter than the 800. Would make the Pro 155 about 381 Lbs. Early Reports but sure makes a guy think!!

Decisions.....Decisions!!

Who else is waiting? What have you Heard?

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
36lbs lighter? That's insane how is that even possible on something that weighs Maybe 90lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

That's what I am thinking also. I believe they are including mounts exhaust ect.

I am also thinking they must have filled the hollowed out crank with some good helium!!

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From snowtech

There was no mention of any steps being taken to improve engine durability, so only time will tell as to how the new 800 H.O. compares to the current 800 twin. This issue is of concern to many riders, but we just can’t answer that one for you. Only time will tell.
I hope for the Polaris guys sake this engine is a home run.

straightshooter

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure someone will put a long track on one Same deal as the 2014 vipers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmscustom

Reaction score
The motor is something like 5lbs lighter. The new Axys chassis as a whole is 36lbs lighter than the one it replaced.

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The motor is something like 5lbs lighter. The new Axys chassis as a whole is 36lbs lighter than the one it replaced.

Yup there as been man people copy and pasting there info. Three emails this morning apologizing for confusion.

geo

Reaction score
Axys bulkhead and engine is 10lbs lighter with some extra bracing under the overstructure. A little more is lost with the narrower plastic. So if nothing is changed in the rear it may be a 405lb sled with more power. Hope they can find another 6lbs lol.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Axys bulkhead and engine is 10lbs lighter with some extra bracing under the overstructure. A little more is lost with the narrower plastic. So if nothing is changed in the rear it may be a 405lb sled with more power. Hope they can find another 6lbs lol.

That would make it how much lighter than the XM

R

Ryan Verrecchia

If the pro gets the new engine with that crank put in. Damn change the clutch v force r reeds and a head and that thing will be snappy as hell. It's only a lot lighter on dry weight that's all once you get the snow on there it's not much lighter anymore hopefully they put a u cooler or something that'll get a lot of snow off. Maybe a powder coated tunnel too.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The axis chassis got lots of lightweightness from the pro, A rmk axis would only lose a bit of weight with the 5 lbs from the motor and a bit with headlight and other changes. Under 10 lbs for sure.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I asked the same question then did the math. So I just got quoted only $300 more for a 2015 than I paid for my 2013. So with the Canadian dollar down 10% compared to the USA dollar, this is not much of an increase over 2 years. Secondly the 15 comes with piggy back shocks, electric start and a tunnel bag, what is that worth maybe $1500?? Now on top of it they give me $1000 toward a 16 or 17 model. My price has the extra $1000 of accessories credit back to the dealer. The final decision is that this puts me back into warranty for 2 more years.

geo

Reaction score
The axis chassis got lots of lightweightness from the pro, A rmk axis would only lose a bit of weight with the 5 lbs from the motor and a bit with headlight and other changes. Under 10 lbs for sure.

Rush and Pro are close to the same front clip with the Pro evolving from the Rush not the other way around. I got my #'s from peeps that rode them at the intro and asked Poo guys there. The Axys front will fit INSIDE the Pro front.

Anyway that's AT LEAST a season away and pure speculation and unknown. The 15 snowcheck is a great deal compared to the past. Price, features included and future considerations. Another Poo first leaving the rest scratching again.

If I was in need of a new sled I don't think I would be waiting for a maybe.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rush and Pro are close to the same front clip with the Pro evolving from the Rush not the other way around. I got my #'s from peeps that rode them at the intro and asked Poo guys there. The Axys front will fit INSIDE the Pro front.

Anyway that's AT LEAST a season away and pure speculation and unknown. The 15 snowcheck is a great deal compared to the past. Price, features included and future considerations. Another Poo first leaving the rest scratching again.

If I was in need of a new sled I don't think I would be waiting for a maybe.

the rush dosent have the carbon fiber and other things the rmk has to lighten up the rmk, the axis has carbon fiber tubes and some other lightweight changes from the rush is what i ment. It will be cool to see tomorrow in stoon.

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your riding a pro you want to have warranty!!! Upgrade to the 2015 if your warranty is about to run out. Hoping like hell the new H.O motor is reliable!! I wont be back on a pro until MY17. No way am I going to buy a first year sled with so many changes no matter how good it looks or how light it is. I want polaris to step up the reliablity and HP of their 800. Its been years with the underhorsepower crappy reliability 800.......time for a huge change!!!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My 2010 Dragon has been a flawless sled...... No fix it kit!!! I was thinking about selling it and finding a decent 2013. But I think I'll wait until the 2016's come out and go from there

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to go with a 15. Don't know yet if I will keep the 13 for backup or sell it?!?!

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your riding a pro you want to have warranty!!! Upgrade to the 2015 if your warranty is about to run out. Hoping like hell the new H.O motor is reliable!! I wont be back on a pro until MY17. No way am I going to buy a first year sled with so many changes no matter how good it looks or how light it is. I want polaris to step up the reliablity and HP of their 800. Its been years with the underhorsepower crappy reliability 800.......time for a huge change!!!

Way to beat a dead horse, no one cares any more, we get it, pros blow up, i for one dont give a fawk.

Top Bottom