Mentally sketched to ride?

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I crashed my motorcycle on the highway in a rainstorm 4 years ago. I was doing around 50km/h and rode over some steel plates in a construction zone and the front end washed out. It doesn’t sound that fast but I can vividly remember barrel rolling down the center of the road. Bruised up real bad and wrote off my bike. It took me 3 years, but I got back in the saddle and I’m glad I did. Riding in the rain still sketches me out but I just take it easy. Take your time and find your stoke again. It’ll take time and it may never be quite the same, but you’ll thank yourself.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crashed my bike at 100kmh on the highway north of Revy in 2007. Broke my left leg in 3 places. Didn't ride again for 7 years, and didn't even have the urge for the first 6 years. May sound weird but in my case, my brain told me when it was time. Don't force it. It'll come.

Catrider16

Reaction score
I know Lund won't post this but at 2:11 mark to 2:27 is his crash at the BI shoot out that lead him in hospital and off for i believe 8 months.
He still rides but definitely not the same rider.

https://youtu.be/XEziPDQ0xuk

Last edited:

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fear is normal. Sometimes driving to the trailhead I ask myself why do I do this? So much risk. My parents have worried about me for so many years doing these sports. How much longer can my luck hold out. I'm getting more conservative as I age.
Ride a trail. Find a wee ditch get stuck and laugh ...

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow you guys, thanks very much for your support and not thinking that a guy is being weak makes a huge difference at looking at things!! Great replies and makes me realize that I am getting older and need to settle down a bit.. So cool!!

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow you guys, thanks very much for your support and not thinking that a guy is being weak makes a huge difference at looking at things!! Great replies and makes me realize that I am getting older and need to settle down a bit.. So cool!!

Lots of people in the same boat as you man, but not a lot will come out on a public forum and talk about it.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know Lund won't post this but at 2:11 mark to 2:27 is his crash at the BI shoot out that lead him in hospital and off for i believe 8 months.
He still rides but definitely not the same rider.

https://youtu.be/XEziPDQ0xuk
That’s interesting my clip is at 2:38 to 3:13 on that video. Having a bad crash is humbling especially in front of a huge crowd.

f150truck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As said before start slow, get back in the saddle!

RIDE WITH GOOD FRIENDS, who will understand if it's a short ride, with lots of stops.

Your confidence will come back, maybe slowly or fast. And expect that H*** F*** moment later on that brings that memory back to the here and now.

Lost a great friend to an avalanche 2 yrs ago, still having those moments some days.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP, how the heck did you come across that. So its true there was a clip on it.
Finally we find your clip, I've been looking for it for a long time, so have you lol

I spent 2 months going threw old school videos when sitting around Last winter broken

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's your crash at 2:38?
Yup. Was a a dealers demo sled. I thought it would climb turbo lol. Had lots of speed when I turned out but that attack 20 track slipped out sideways on me, and down I went. Was a long walk of shame. Fired up first pull at the bottom and ride it out. Ended up being a write off and had to buy the sled. Lessons learned.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally we find your clip, I've been looking for it for a long time, so have you lol

And i'ed like to find out how he found it.
It sure doesn't looks like much, i don't remember after the initial flip, its all small pieces here and there i remember only. Sled was toast, junk after that. Even the motor ripped out and hanging in by hoses and cables only, LOL.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And i'ed like to find out how he found it.
It sure doesn't looks like much, i don't remember after the initial flip, its all small pieces here and there i remember only. Sled was toast, junk after that. Even the motor ripped out and hanging in by hoses and cables only, LOL.
Ya no sh!t, I've seen that video before but didn't realize it was you

Because I didn't think your sled went for a superman like that, wow eh

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup. Was a a dealers demo sled. I thought it would climb turbo lol. Had lots of speed when I turned out but that attack 20 track slipped out sideways on me, and down I went. Was a long walk of shame. Fired up first pull at the bottom and ride it out. Ended up being a write off and had to buy the sled. Lessons learned.

HOLY, yes walk of shame and a hurting wallet. That is funny its on the same video, i think those are just clips of different years?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya no sh!t, I've seen that video before but didn't realize it was you

Because I didn't think your sled went for a superman like that, wow eh

Yup it did, i personally didn't get to see it but was told about it. I just saw the aftermath the carnage of twisted metal. I have no idea how they got it off the mountain. Was told they choppered it out.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup it did, i personally didn't get to see it but was told about it. I just saw the aftermath the carnage of twisted metal. I have no idea how they got it off the mountain. Was told they choppered it out.
Seeing it now, what's your thoughts???

Did you save it lol, you have been looking for it for so long now I would, as the saying goes, chicks dig scars

Top Bottom