MCX update from Sweden

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Erik and the Boys have continued development on the amazing Sidewinder platform the past few years. Stage 4 with improved Turbo mating, Intercooler and fuel delivery has produced some rather impressive results. See for yourself with attached dyno chart. Some serious proof this platform continues to shine in the industry as MC-Xpress proves their commitment to the 4 Stroke sled world. Enjoy and when I get some pictures, ill post.
Merry Christmas.
RS

Attachments

• MCX Stage 4.JPG
    MCX Stage 4.JPG
    521.2 KB · Views: 303

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good lord thats a lot of power....now if yamha would let Canada snow check sidewinders MTX's

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good lord thats a lot of power....now if yamha would let Canada snow check sidewinders MTX's
I heard but not 100% on this that you can preorder an MTX for the following year only. Yamaha has done this on certain motorcycles also.
Now again I'm not sure was just told this by Kelowna Yamaha sales awhile back, you would have to check into it.
Eitherway the SW still lay's a licking on any of them other lame Tsmokers, nice attempt though i must say.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Erik and the Boys have continued development on the amazing Sidewinder platform the past few years. Stage 4 with improved Turbo mating, Intercooler and fuel delivery has produced some rather impressive results. See for yourself with attached dyno chart. Some serious proof this platform continues to shine in the industry as MC-Xpress proves their commitment to the 4 Stroke sled world. Enjoy and when I get some pictures, ill post.
Merry Christmas.
RS
Is there a conversion for Hkr or is that the Swedish version for Hp?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
110 octane race gas setup ok . How much hp is that in Canadian ? What other mods is that? turbo injectors head studs ? And the tune is adjustable or ?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a conversion for Hkr or is that the Swedish version for Hp?
It is the same. Hkr is in Swedish language for horse power.
Translated in Swed "hastkrafter", so what you see is what you get, if you have never gone down this road good luck on clutching it. Most are struggling with 250... never mind more. I smell Apex clutches for those few brave ones.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya my 250 mcx tune can blow belts at will . Im still playing with the stock clutches im Hopefull i can get it to work

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
I heard but not 100% on this that you can preorder an MTX for the following year only. Yamaha has done this on certain motorcycles also.
Now again I'm not sure was just told this by Kelowna Yamaha sales awhile back, you would have to check into it.
Eitherway the SW still lay's a licking on any of them other lame Tsmokers, nice attempt though i must sa
269942981_3029267277340276_256637093324199172_n.jpg

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Seriously I don't know how a guy would hold onto that kinda power. I have the stage 3 kit but never ran it at the full 340 its suppose to make. I run it just under 300 and its all I need. It plays with your mind seeing the boost gauge over 20ish psi and waiting for something bad to happen. lol

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any truth to being able to book a MTX Randy?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously I don't know how a guy would hold onto that kinda power. I have the stage 3 kit but never ran it at the full 340 its suppose to make. I run it just under 300 and its all I need. It plays with your mind seeing the boost gauge over 20ish psi and waiting for something bad to happen. lol
That is one sick MCX setup you have on that Winder buddy.
Agree on the above, though nice to see this engine capabilities, that means i can run mine season after season at WOT and never worry about it.... OH wait, i already do that with my comparable baby power of 225 LOL.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it hard to adapt the old clutches ? And what clutches to get ? Apex or ?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any truth to being able to book a MTX Randy?
I think it really depends on the willingness and pull of the dealer. The MTX is available in the European market today. Yamaha still makes it. The lack of demand i suspect made it what it is today for the MTX here.
If your dealer puts in an order for one a year in advance and I'm sure it is not a straight forward procedure being out of the ordinary, Yamaha will send one. This is what i was told. Or at a fee could bring one in directly from Europe.
Eitherway it is not a regular stock order so dealers here will steer away from it.
Here is a link to Yamaha Motors Sweden.
I don't think the 162 was ever available in Europe so 153 only.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it hard to adapt the old clutches ? And what clutches to get ? Apex or ?
It’s not hard, they bolt right on. You can use the same weights, I do believe the rollers are slightly different, the secondary spring is the same. I have an apex primary and a nytro secondary, I believe the only clutch that won’t work out of the apex, nytro, viper is the apex secondary.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dammit SWENSON …..

I have the perfect donor sled for sale for you Mr. Kibbels…looks a lot like your 18’ fully built and ready for the new MCX to be dropped in her

Top Bottom