Matryx RMK - fuel pump issue

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hear the fuel pump pickup sock is substantially finer in 2022. Down to 12 microns from 25??
12 microns almost no flow?
May not starve the motor but may keep the pump overworked.

That would definitely cause the pump to suck hard and overwork itself

Squireller

Reaction score
Hear the fuel pump pickup sock is substantially finer in 2022. Down to 12 microns from 25??
12 microns almost no flow?
May not starve the motor but may keep the pump overworked.

Maybe that’s how they tried to get away without an in-line fuel filter after the pump??? I’m not familiar if the axys 800/850 had one but my 2015 pro did

hnt4life

Reaction score
My second pump just failed 450 miles on the sled first one lasted about 380 miles was very noisy and continued to get louder until it started to throw codes second one lasted 2 rides no noise at all and started throwing codes on the way back to the truck 1/2 throttle on the trail Polaris needs to come up with a fix and issue a recall.My sled has been plagued with issues this will be the 7 time sled has been in for warranty in 450 miles very frustrated don’t feel I can rely on the sled to go out of town for a weekend trip

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was talking to my salesman on Saturday. He said one of the late snowchecks they just recieved wouldnt start during PDI. turns out fuel pump is NFG. I was really hoping my snowcheck being so late would have all the bugs worked out. but it isnt sounding to promising.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone at Snowest showed a picture of what they claim is the new Polaris fuel filter sock. It looks identical to my eye. So maybe that is the "fix".

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have nearly 1500miles on my matryx. It's the best performing sled I've ever owned. My issues were..
Voltage regulator overheats when the snow is heavy... (forced break/storytime). Thought this was a bad VR but it's just a design flaw.
P85 worn out (this always happens to me).
Low fuel pressure code around 1300miles, ordered a new pump for $200 and put it in. I should have put new filters on while it was out but I couldn't find the right ones so I just left them alone.

Not as good as skidoo for reliability but the way this chassis handles in deep snow and on a sidehill I can live with these problems on a 1st year sled.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have nearly 1500miles on my matryx. It's the best performing sled I've ever owned. My issues were..
Voltage regulator overheats when the snow is heavy... (forced break/storytime). Thought this was a bad VR but it's just a design flaw.
Low fuel pressure code around 1300miles, ordered a new pump for $200 and put it in. I should have put new filters on while it was out but I couldn't find the right ones so I just left them alone.

Not as good as skidoo for reliability but the way this chassis handles in deep snow and on a sidehill I can live with these problems on a 1st year sled.
Curious, did the worn out primary happen before the lite weight crank was used (2016+?) or no?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not as good as skidoo for reliability but the way this chassis handles in deep snow and on a sidehill I can live with these problems on a 1st year sled

Doo was terrible on the first year of the G4 too. The more that gets changed on a new model, the more we roll the dice.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My RMK started having a squeeling noisy fuel pump on day 5, ~350km.

On day 12 I had my first limp mode plus code for low fuel pressure power cut. It would cut power when I tried to do big, long pulls at full throttle (like climbing up Boulder's Turbo hill).

On day 15, 1000km, it became unrideable. I could only go full throttle for about 1-2 seconds before it would go into limp mode.

Now it's going into the dealer for service and I'm bringing out the backup sled to finish the trip.

Polaris has diagnosed the fault with the new 2022 fuel pump system;
designed a replacement system that has been tested to exceed the lifespan of the snowmobile's service life by a factor of 20 in realistic snowmobiling conditions;
produced them in sufficient quantity to swap out all the old, faulty units; and
replaced mine so I can make one last spring trip to the mountains.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
designed a replacement system that has been tested to exceed the lifespan of the snowmobile's service life by a factor of 20 in realistic snowmobiling conditions;
Wait a minute……. Repost this tomorrow lol

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
April fools!
My sled is definitely still in Polaris prison. I can't ride it, and Polaris does not have a fix.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still working great but definitely noisy!!

Attachments

• 508D22D2-8E44-4C8A-993E-74E800305131.jpeg
    508D22D2-8E44-4C8A-993E-74E800305131.jpeg
    233.2 KB · Views: 180

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just received the letter that they have a fix for my sled. Will call my dealer and get it repaired asap. Hope it works.

Top Bottom