Matryx RMK - fuel pump issue

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My RMK started having a squeeling noisy fuel pump on day 5, ~350km.

On day 12 I had my first limp mode plus code for low fuel pressure power cut. It would cut power when I tried to do big, long pulls at full throttle (like climbing up Boulder's Turbo hill).

On day 15, 1000km, it became unrideable. I could only go full throttle for about 1-2 seconds before it would go into limp mode.

Now it's going into the dealer for service and I'm bringing out the backup sled to finish the trip.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About 500km on my sled and no issues at all yet.
Thought I heard a whistle a couple times for a few seconds but the sled has been flawless.

Snow Bro

Reaction score
I hope that Polaris has a fix. The season is getting towards the end.
My sled has been in for repairs longer than i expected and I can't really complain as others are just getting their sleds.
My friend was just telling me how well his boost matryx with a noisy fuel pump had been working. He was telling me it was only a few machines with the low fuel pressure problem. I told him I believe its more prevalent than he thinks.
Next day he made a bigger pull up a hill and he joined the club with weak fuel pumps.

Snow Bro

Reaction score
I stopped by my local dealership and got good news. It looks like my fuel pump "may" be in by March 19.

line8

Reaction score
This noise is not isolated to matryx.
The last 2 model years Khaos’ do it also.
Is it the pump?

Snow Bro

Reaction score
I left my sled at the dealership on Jan.22 and picked it up today.
A new fuel pump was installed. No fuel pump noise anymore.
I hope it lasts for awhile along with the limp mode- low fuel pump pressure alerts.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a buddie who put some foil back heat insulation between the fuel tank and tunnel. Said it cured the problem? someone somewhere said the issue was the fuel getting too hot, and making the pick up tube hose soft enough to collapse on itself starving the fuel pump? anyone else heard of this problem/fix?

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sounds plausible. Years ago a buddy and l had our Pros both make that same sound and start running bad. It was a warm spring day and we were running hot on our way to the alpine. Fuel tanks were noticeably warm. Once everything cooled, back to normal.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I left my sled at the dealership on Jan.22 and picked it up today.
A new fuel pump was installed. No fuel pump noise anymore.
I hope it lasts for awhile along with the limp mode- low fuel pump pressure alerts.

Missed your winter sledding that's to bad

Snow Bro

Reaction score
I'm curious if my replacement pump is an updated part or the same problematic part.
My friend's matryx boost is now down for the season with fuel pump failure.
I noticed this morning that the Muskoka Freeriders Polaris RMK Boost is also currently done for the season with a fuel pump issue.
I hope that Polaris comes up with a fix for the fuel pumps soon.

Snow Bro

Reaction score
I called my dealership and I was advised that the pump is the same part number.
The good news is that Polaris has recently released a replaceable fuel sock. This sounds promising.

Last edited by a moderator:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hear the fuel pump pickup sock is substantially finer in 2022. Down to 12 microns from 25??
12 microns almost no flow?
May not starve the motor but may keep the pump overworked.

Top Bottom