Matryx Khaos Suspension Set Up

tworton

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone have any specific suspension set ups for a khaos? The preload on the coils is at the absolute minimum on all 4 shocks after pdi. I know the basic sag rules and what not just wondering if anyone has some experience the the velocity shocks. I want it to run on the stiffer side. I’m about 200 lbs geared up I would say.

Thanks in advance!

let it snow

Attachments

• 5CB79342-D10A-4C42-BC58-2C5346660269.jpeg
    5CB79342-D10A-4C42-BC58-2C5346660269.jpeg
    482.5 KB · Views: 381

tworton

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone have any specific suspension set ups for a khaos? The preload on the coils is at the absolute minimum on all 4 shocks after pdi. I know the basic sag rules and what not just wondering if anyone has some experience the the velocity shocks. I want it to run on the stiffer side. I’m about 200 lbs geared up I would say.

Thanks in advance!

let it snow
Also do people run the sway bars lol? I’m a strong guy not worried about working any harder pulling on the sled, just want it to be predictable and not too squirrelly. Coming off a planted cat haha

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice machine! I have an ayxs and run a sway bar, I’m not a huge guy and have no problem getting on one ski. For suspension I recommend setting up according to sag, then adjusting from there to see what you like. Have fun on the new sled!

tworton

Reaction score
Yep me and another buddy just picked up. Should start rolling in quick now! If it’s any consolation it was here in less than a week from when I got my shipping email from Polaris.

tworton

Reaction score
Doubt it. YouTube Shock Therapy, by skins protective gear and they have some really good videos on setup

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We can't really relate the 2022's to the 2021 setup as the valving has changed and the springs are now the lightweight version. On my 21 I found the Velocities to be great but there was no rebound adjustment and those shocks seemed to extend unrestricted making it have "instant lift" but it also bounced off everything. Compression, high and low speed was excellent though. Like any setup adjust springs first starting with the rear to handle your weight at a good ride height and add high speed dampening for the big bumps to stop bottoming and low speed for comfortable ride. For the front skid shock tighten the spring to a point that the steering is light but not so it is too much of a wheelie machine. The stock dampening settings that are in the manual are a good starting point for those. For the ski shocks springs try and run them as light as possible for easy steering and control the diving with increased dampening. Low speed for sway and high speed to take sharp hits. I like a light ski on the trail and more control once in deep powder. What works for me is click the low speed up 3 clicks once in the powder and click down again heading back down the trail.

It is all subjective and guys will have to get some seat time to see if what I say here is true for the 22's.

zulu19

Reaction score
I am about the same weight ready to ride and have found the stock setup in the manual pretty decent.

Here is what I have so far (stock everywhere else)after 3 rides, mind you not in super deep pow yet. Also keeping things on the tamer side until I get used to it then will dial it up. jump on top of snow quick and does she ever build track speed quick!

fts: 6.375" hsc 4, lsc 8
rts 10. 125" hsc 4, lsc 7
ifs 10.25" hsc 4, lsc 6

turbokid

Reaction score
We can't really relate the 2022's to the 2021 setup as the valving has changed and the springs are now the lightweight version. On my 21 I found the Velocities to be great but there was no rebound adjustment and those shocks seemed to extend unrestricted making it have "instant lift" but it also bounced off everything. Compression, high and low speed was excellent though. Like any setup adjust springs first starting with the rear to handle your weight at a good ride height and add high speed dampening for the big bumps to stop bottoming and low speed for comfortable ride. For the front skid shock tighten the spring to a point that the steering is light but not so it is too much of a wheelie machine. The stock dampening settings that are in the manual are a good starting point for those. For the ski shocks springs try and run them as light as possible for easy steering and control the diving with increased dampening. Low speed for sway and high speed to take sharp hits. I like a light ski on the trail and more control once in deep powder. What works for me is click the low speed up 3 clicks once in the powder and click down again heading back down the trail.

It is all subjective and guys will have to get some seat time to see if what I say here is true for the 22's.

Top Bottom