March conditions 2015

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
already first of march, where the heck did winter go.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Took Colin from Mountain Sledder Magazine and his sidekick Mike into both Lucille and Belle on Sunday. Started with Lucille. Bluebird day, most of the areas were pretty tracked. Looked into the butterfly the southern portion wasn't too tracked but didn't want to go down the luge ride down. Showed Colin and Mike around then headed to the trucks to then head to belle. Trail going up and down was awesome, nice and wide as well. First time I ever rode 2 areas in one day.
Belle, got up here just after noon, clouds were starting to come in, Colin grabbed some photos of the area then we went exploring. Little bell was pretty tracked out. big bell still had some areas on the north east side that had on tracked snow. The bowl southwest of big bell looked to be fairly tracked, looks like some peeps explored further. The meadows south of little belle were fairly tracked if you went looking there was some untracked to play in by the trees. We ventured into the burn on the east side and had a blast, you can go quite a ways down. Colin got some great photos. Sorry we cannot post those as they belong to the magazine, hope to see them in the guide or magazine in the near future.
We had a good 2 days of riding that did not disappoint followed by a great meal at Morels on Main Street mcbride, this place is a gem, great eats.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I should also provide a trail update since it's like spring conditions in Mcbride

Renshaw - Staging area is fairly dry, trial is snow from just before the trail fee shack and is good condition with only a few icy sections. Otherwise it's fairly wide and in great shape.

Lucille. - ice and snow in staging area from collection shack up is in great shape. Nice wide trail. The trail seems to just keep going up past the cabin into the alpine. Maybe the operator was day dreaming, then realized there they were going. lol

Belle - snow from the start of the trail to the alpine. Trail is in great shape, and wide. Logging activity on the trail, see collection shack for that info.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys please send reports back when your done for the day! Looks like snow in the forecast, thinking of heading up Tuesday.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea i hope it starts doing something!! Heading up for a week and every weather report is different!! Might have to go on a Ceaser binge! Anyway the grooming is in great shape if thats any consolation!! And who knows that may change if it gets as warm as they say it's going to get!!

jpbruin

Reaction score
Barry,
Joe here,getting any snow today? or more of the same.... Heading west with Rick on Sat. morning.
JP

McGrath

Supporting Vendor, Alberta Cycle
Reaction score
Let's all just pray (wish) it's start snowing good for the next week. Arctic Cat Demo March 15-17 and some big name riders heading up to Valemount? Would be real nice for all riders. Not sure but mother nature must forgot this year to give us the famous March storm, seen two guys ride up on bikes today. That was disappointing I must say.

Last edited:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this demo only happening in Valemount? I'll be in Mcbride most likely at that time may have to swing down there for one of those days.

Cycle Works Red Deer

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.cycleworks.com
Is this demo only happening in Valemount? I'll be in Mcbride most likely at that time may have to swing down there for one of those days.

At this time we are scheduled for Revelstoke Mar. 13 & 14th Valemount Mar. 16 & 17th we will address the snow conditions on those dates. Chances are very unlikely we will change the event location to McBride at this time. Please plan to come to Valemount

If anyone would like to pre register please call the office our list is getting very full for these rides.

Top Bottom