Major Drivetrain Vibration

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
cant really break a motor mount on the 07....but one of the rubber gromets in the motor plate could be toast

but it wouldn't cause a major vibration under load........might get more of a clunking feeling when cruising and suddenly letting off the throttle, or sudden acceleration............................................

pissednbroke

Reaction score
Had this same problem a few years ago and it was a coil causing a high speed miss Just a thought. And briguy the shake your feeling is your knees when your trying to keep up!

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the track have extra holes drilled in it for porting this will give you a rough
feeling it comes right thru the running boards. Working in town tommorro can stop by and have a look with you.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats interesting, becuse I understand how ice will stick to the raw aluminum as it does with tunnels etc, but have never had any powder coated items have ice stick. I can see the theory of the running edge of wheels as they are warm from friction while rotating then while stopped the snow melts and freezes but have never had a problem nor has my buddy. I was leary of going back to aluminum after reading your posts on the issue so thought the powder with clear would help. Guess I'll find out this weekend, you going to be in vale? Wouldn't mind hooking up for a ride and putting a face to the name.

I had a set of raw billet break from ice build up. Tapex and SLY have had them crack from ice build up too.

andystepper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't those 07's have crank problems? i know that both of my brother-in-laws have 07 xps and they both had to change the motor at around 1200km. crank would spin just a hair and had bad vibrations.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i was told ya soin to guy99... not the other.... so far anyways

330AC

Reaction score
pulled the drivers out and one of the wheels was lemon shaped and the shaft was bent. got shaft out of BLB from a ZX for a few hundred dollars and back in business. One case of beer and ready to ride. Thanks for the reply
330AC

Jemeda11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a 100 km on my 2011 etech major vibration felt it in the track it ends up being my crank is to tight. Brp is putting in a new one asap. Fast service I must say.

Top Bottom