M1000 is King of the Hill, I did own Poos

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh boy....i remember what happened to me when i said my sled hangs with all the m1000s....:eek:

Well here goes:cigar:Not sure why my shoulders & back muscles are tender & sore after a days ride, must be the 162 hp / 140 ft # torque :bullrider:or could maybe just be old age :dunno:maybe whisper creek could dyno this to help me out:kissass:lol Ride safe out there you guys & maybe the M1000 can hook up with you revs before it gets retired this spring:beer:

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: M1000 is King of the Hill, I did own Poos

:BSmeter: there is so much wrong with this title, somewhere between M1000 and hill i lost interest. as much as it pains me to say it, yes an m1000 is gonna beat a lil old 800. gee, i wonder why? :d

chit disturbing mood, i know the arctic cat guys are sensitive :d , i'm sorry.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dosen't matter how much lipstick you put on your pig........ Its still a Pig!

Ted... are you related to LHF? :rolleyes:

ACP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if any of the "800s are faster" idiots ever went to school?

The dummy that says that there is only 6bhp in a Y and can obviously hasn't a clue or rides something that only gets 6hp from all that money.

There are a lot of idiots that don't seem smart enough to know that the Y pipe is an emissions POS and that's why the hp goes up with a new exhaust manifold that has a little better shape. Probably not born back in the mid 70s when the cars got POS restricive exhaust manifolds for emissions.

The Government requires emissions on snowmobiles now. The M1000 has 4 spark plugs and 4 coils for emissions and mileage. Today the '06 M7 used 6 gallons. Buddies M1000 used 6 gallons and MY M1000 used 5 gallons. Facts are facts.

I always highmark. The Renegade 800 and the Dragon 800 didn't work so great. My M1000 was highest and fastest. M7 was second highest and Richard's Dragon 800 got the same air as my buddies M1000.

None of the other 8 sleds bothered to try.

Ive owned cats for a long time im glad they worked good for you as far as getting 6 bhp with a y pipe and can i doubt it it all most seems that some of the info out there is @ below S.L. Oh buy the way thats below sea level not 6- 9000 ft

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easiest way to end this is to dyno big Ted's sled and see what happens. The guy owns a Viper I'm sure he can afford a dyno run or two.....

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It wll hang with the 1000 forsure. I rode quite a bit with the doo's and they are good. But some people say that the 1000 is the fastest sled ever built, even though it is a mountain sled...lol

I think the fastest 1000 is not a mountain sled but the CFR and theres no way you are going to the mountains on that. If rttttd has a y-pipe that makes 8 hp and a can that makes any hp's i want one. And yes it all depends on riders I spent a pile of time last year on 2010 M8 le and had no problem keepin up to or in front of M1000 and summits where right beside me the whole time. So its all rider ability and whatever you choose to ride.

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how did i never look at this thread till now? this is a good one. 15 HP Y-pipe hey, ch!t, better hook me up with one of those. i bet he has a honda civic with a muffler and cold air intake that added 35 horsepower too.

and i never say my sled will spank any other kind of sled. even the same year make and model sleds rarely ride the same. mine might spank another XP all day long and get walked past by others. you just never know.

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very interesting thread. Learning so much like a M1000 has 4 sparkplugs :confused:. It can highmark a renegade 800 with a 137 inch track and his buddys M1000 gets the same air as an 800 Dragon.
I bet it's not as fast as Joey's yamaha.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very interesting thread. Learning so much like a M1000 has 4 sparkplugs :confused:. It can highmark a renegade 800 with a 137 inch track and his buddys M1000 gets the same air as an 800 Dragon.
I bet it's not as fast as Joey's yamaha.

They do actually have 4 spark plugs. So far that's the only sensible thing he's said. Not saying you can't get 11hp out of a y pipe?

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They do actually have 4 spark plugs. So far that's the only sensible thing he's said. Not saying you can't get 11hp out of a y pipe?

LMAO - if anyone is dumb enough to believe that they can get 11 HP out of a y-pipe, I got some ocean front property in Saskatchewan for sale.... Tabster is my real estate dealer out there, give hime a call. :D

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder were people get this 11 hp y-pipe info from as wellbut like modman says if you do believe in this hype I as well have some ocean front property in sask for anyone interested.....

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Okay, so since I have no clue about arctic cats what is the point of the 2 plugs per cylinder thing. Honestly had no clue. I will remove my foot from my mouth now.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, so since I have no clue about arctic cats what is the point of the 2 plugs per cylinder thing. Honestly had no clue. I will remove my foot from my mouth now.

I truthfully don't know why. I guess the answer is that they can? Your not making anymore power with it. Or else there would be a lot more things out there with 2 plugs per cylinder, especially motocross bikes.

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
something about a cleaner burn. like bogger used to do back in the day:D.... light it from two sides, it burns faster, cleaner better.

Top Bottom