Looks like the triples are back

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A "new-tech" 3 cyl 2S squeezed into a late model chassis would sell like hot cakes, especially to the eastern crew. But can you imagine the price...?

Last edited:

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder what the weight difference would be between a new tech triple 2 stroke vs a turbo 850 twin.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A "new-tech" 3 cyl 2S squeezed into a late model chassis would sell like hot cakes, especially to the eastern crew. But can you imagine the price...?
It would never fit unless you really re-worked the chassis. I've been thinking and measuring things for years hoping I can get it to work efficiently. Here is a triple stuffed into the IQR and thats a "wide" front end compared to the new sleds. You'd probably have to go single pipe and once you choke it with a single pipe, the power output just wouldn't be comparable to the 2 cyl for power to weight. Only thing I can think of that might make it work is to reverse the engine and put the pipes straight out under the seat. There was a guy that did it in Quebec years ago, but it was only with a 1000 twin into the XP chassis i think. I couldn't find any pictures of it.
401307_232076286872583_688474271_n.jpg

604c6eb816dab1615621816.jpg

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would never fit unless you really re-worked the chassis. I've been thinking and measuring things for years hoping I can get it to work efficiently. Here is a triple stuffed into the IQR and thats a "wide" front end compared to the new sleds. You'd probably have to go single pipe and once you choke it with a single pipe, the power output just wouldn't be comparable to the 2 cyl for power to weight. Only thing I can think of that might make it work is to reverse the engine and put the pipes straight out under the seat. There was a guy that did it in Quebec years ago, but it was only with a 1000 twin into the XP chassis i think. I couldn't find any pictures of it.

Nice unit dude, sent it to the Freak ......

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Skidoo had a prototype twin with the pipes out the back as well. I don’t remember it being in a xp chassis, but maybe we are thinking of the same sled???

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo had a prototype twin with the pipes out the back as well. I don’t remember it being in a xp chassis, but maybe we are thinking of the same sled???
Maybe, I don't remember it being an official "Ski Doo' prototype. I think the guy was loosely affiliated to Ski Doo somehow (former engineer or something?). It was a lot of years ago, I'm pretty sure it was the first XP style chassis (maybe early release 07?).

This is a 1000 RT stuffed in a Rev chassis. It was doable with the Rev for forward mounting the pipes but that is a lot of pipe REEEEAAAALLLLY close to the plastics. The triple would be tight tight tight. I feel Like CarbonDaddy in revy had something like a 1000 in an XP chassis or the APEX 3 cyl in a Doo chassis? I know they were building the Nypex's at the time. Anything is possible if you got the time and money.

Edit - had to google it and he did make a RT1000 CF chassis, not sure what they changed to get the Nytro motor in it. https://www.snowest.com/forum/threads/carbon-fibre-apex-sold.305921/page-2

IMG_0853.jpg

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe, I don't remember it being an official "Ski Doo' prototype. I think the guy was loosely affiliated to Ski Doo somehow (former engineer or something?). It was a lot of years ago, I'm pretty sure it was the first XP style chassis (maybe early release 07?).

This is a 1000 RT stuffed in a Rev chassis. It was doable with the Rev for forward mounting the pipes but that is a lot of pipe REEEEAAAALLLLY close to the plastics. The triple would be tight tight tight. I feel Like CarbonDaddy in revy had something like a 1000 in an XP chassis or the APEX 3 cyl in a Doo chassis? I know they were building the Nypex's at the time. Anything is possible if you got the time and money.

Edit - had to google it and he did make a RT1000 CF chassis, not sure what they changed to get the Nytro motor in it. https://www.snowest.com/forum/threads/carbon-fibre-apex-sold.305921/page-2

IMG_0853.jpg
You bet ran a pair of CPI pipes on a Rev made good top end power!

Top Bottom