Looking for work

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mount milligan is always hiring, couple different rotations to choose from, week on week off or 14/14 I believe. Couple friends work up there and they don't seem to mind it.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mount milligan is always hiring, couple different rotations to choose from, week on week off or 14/14 I believe. Couple friends work up there and they don't seem to mind it.
Can you get me more info please

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never understood that stupid shift. It's hard on the body to shift your sleep pattern for a couple days. Same up in Ft Mac, 3 days, flex day 3 nights. Not sure how the Safety clowns think that's safe having everyone tired.

Should be a shift of days, then your time off then a shift of nights.
Supposedly studies say that its better for your body to never fully switch to nights, or so I've been told. But everyone I know including myself prefers a true 7/7 or 8/6 instead of that switch halfway through BS. No one wants to spend 24 hours off in the middle of the work week, especially if its 24hrs spent in a camp.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Application #5 LOL

Dear Doug,

We want to thank you for your time and interest in the Haul Truck Operator (2024) position at Teck Resources Limited. We know it can be a challenging time to explore new opportunities, and really appreciate that you have chosen to apply for a role with us.

Following a thorough review of your candidacy, we have made the difficult decision to not move forward with your candidacy at this time.

I hope you don't mind if we contact you about any future opportunities that would be a good fit for your skills and experience!

Have a great week ahead!

Teck Resources Limited
Recruitment Team

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Makes you wonder who Teck is looking for. A friend of ours also got rejected for the driving job, she is a woman in her 30's with little experience. Seems they don't want younger inexperienced people or older experienced people. They are playing Goldilocks and then complaining about the lack of labor??

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Makes you wonder who Teck is looking for. A friend of ours also got rejected for the driving job, she is a woman in her 30's with little experience. Seems they don't want younger inexperienced people or older experienced people. They are playing Goldilocks and then complaining about the lack of labor??
I think you are correct.. After I took the package from Finning I applied for 2 different warehouse jobs and never got either one. Considering I dealt with Teck for 21 years as a ticketed partsman and supplied all their exchange components to them.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Application #5 LOL

Dear Doug,

We want to thank you for your time and interest in the Haul Truck Operator (2024) position at Teck Resources Limited. We know it can be a challenging time to explore new opportunities, and really appreciate that you have chosen to apply for a role with us.

Following a thorough review of your candidacy, we have made the difficult decision to not move forward with your candidacy at this time.

I hope you don't mind if we contact you about any future opportunities that would be a good fit for your skills and experience!

Have a great week ahead!

Teck Resources Limited
Recruitment Team

I had the same problem until I literally drove there in person and spoke to a recruiter. She told me apply online, said I did, and asked her to put in a good word for me. Had an interview but didnt get the job because of 1 stupid question. "What do you do when the road is icy?" my response, "put it in 4wd and proceed with caution" Her: "There is no 4wd" me: "Put chains on and proceed with caution? "

Apparently the answer was radio in someone to inspect the road :( Dam oilpatch mentality screwed me, but that was 6 years ago I applied. Not really bummed I didnt get the job but still sucks

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem until I literally drove there in person and spoke to a recruiter. She told me apply online, said I did, and asked her to put in a good word for me. Had an interview but didnt get the job because of 1 stupid question. "What do you do when the road is icy?" my response, "put it in 4wd and proceed with caution" Her: "There is no 4wd" me: "Put chains on and proceed with caution? "

Apparently the answer was radio in someone to inspect the road :( Dam oilpatch mentality screwed me, but that was 6 years ago I applied. Not really bummed I didnt get the job but still sucks
Sounds like they don't want people who can think for themselves Just follow procedures like robots and Collect a paycheck.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a friend at Teck and so many special needs individuals hired to meet diversity quota. Thus at best 1 out of 3 stays and constant drama and carnage.
But HR isn't responsible for carnage so carry on.
Sorry to derail thread.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes I can. I would have to give it a try first, to see if it's worth putting the house up for sale

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm looking for a tech, if your interested send me a pm and I can give you some more details if its a fit for you.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have your class one Doug? Seaboard has a job fair recruit day for truckers to haul fuel to the mines.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have your class one Doug? Seaboard has a job fair recruit day for truckers to haul fuel to the mines.
I only have my 3 Ken. If I had my 1, I wouldn't be looking for work lol.
I'll take a look at seaboard and see if there is anything for me

Top Bottom