Looking for Used Stator & Trigger

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey All,

Trying to find a good used stator & trigger for a 1984 Mercury 115HP Outboard, Serial Number 7211643, I'm not sure if it's the 9amp or 16amp stator, but I'm going to try to find out this morning. The shop that has my brown boat "claims" this is what's wrong with it but wants $1000 for the parts alone, with no guarantee that it will repair the problem. I've found a stator and trigger on Amazon and can have them here for $450 by Monday but want to see if I can find a good used first.

Any idea of where a guy can look? Any marine wreckers around Edmonton area?

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd almost look for another shop, that can diagnose properly, and give you a guarantee that is the problem ... so you have no spark?

It falls on its face under load, carbs are cleaned fuel is new, new power paks, new plugs, coils check out resistance wise.

It's at the shop it's at as they are the ones that "fixed" it for the previous owner and are eating the labor to try to repair it.

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
stator and trigger can be tested for proper signal and wave lengths etc ... they either work or don't, generally... they don't cut out under load
they put it on the dyno and say that are not getting "normal" voltages out of the stator or trigger at RPM.

I'm going to go get the boat, I've got enough mechanical know how and have enough contacts if I need help I can call upon. Just want to try to recoop some of the money I paid for a "running" boat that is not "running"

Top Bottom