Looking for new-ish quad

bigmikeystylez

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I am looking for some opinions on quads. I have been riding quads for 4-5 years now. My current quad is a 2007 Polaris 700 Sportsman. I like the quad, its easy to drive and upgrade/replacement parts are easy to come by for the most part.

But now I think its time to upgrade - I am looking for something newer - 2018 or newer

I see a LOT of Can am units out there and I hear all the hype about those machines. I was wondering what specifically makes them a better unit that a polaris sportsman or Yamaha Kodiak, etc
I also see that Polaris makes a 'Can am' type looking machine called the highlifter model. Was wondering if anyone had any feedback on those machines??

the Polaris machines are fairly easy to work on (Im not a mechanic by any means, but I can change brake parts/do oil changes/etc - I like to be able to fix my machine myself when possible./
Are the Can ams easy to work on?

They definitely are more expensive than most of the other quads on the market.

I dont always bury myself in deep mud when we go riding (with wifey and son) , but I dont shy away from the mud when we encounter it. If I go with a Can AM, it would probably have to be something 3-5 yrs old due to the price. I would IDEALLY like to spend around 12-13K MAX

Just wanted to get some opinions from others here who have maybe owned Can am's/Polaris/other machines.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. thanks (BTW, Im located in Edmonton AB if that makes any difference)

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Want to try before you buy?
I have a 2021 outlander XMR 850.
So far happy with it. Never really tried any other quads out (this is my 1st quad, I had a sxs before).
I have no problems letting you try It out to see if you like the feel of it.

I've riden with other brands. And they all seem to do the job. Seems it's more rider capabilities over the machines.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the 750 King Quad and been a awesome machine change oil clean air filter gas and go. I have not spent a dime on it other new tires.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canam, yamaha, polaris or a Kawi you will be happy. More about the type of rider you are, if you want to be king of the mud big power is your friend, I have a 2014 700 Griz and love it, smooth ride, reliable as not enough power to break anything but enough to do the job. Biggest thing with chosing a machine is make the time to get out and ride!

bigmikeystylez

Reaction score
Want to try before you buy?
I have a 2021 outlander XMR 850.
So far happy with it. Never really tried any other quads out (this is my 1st quad, I had a sxs before).
I have no problems letting you try It out to see if you like the feel of it.

I've riden with other brands. And they all seem to do the job. Seems it's more rider capabilities over the machines.
That's very nice of you to offer a. Are you located in Edmonton by chance?

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had can am yamaha polaris and suzuki all decent had to put to most money into the polaris. The yamaha has the best clutches

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like the Yamahas but I would avoid the 708cc engine. 2015-2019 I believe.

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a 2018 kodiak 700 and had the piston done last year on the recall. That thing was keeping the flys away lol

Radical Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris needs the most maintenance,we have four 1000 scramblers in the group we ride hard Polaris is more than double the maintenance of a can am both have a lot of power,Yamaha and Honda most reliable

Radical Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I am looking for some opinions on quads. I have been riding quads for 4-5 years now. My current quad is a 2007 Polaris 700 Sportsman. I like the quad, its easy to drive and upgrade/replacement parts are easy to come by for the most part.

But now I think its time to upgrade - I am looking for something newer - 2018 or newer

I see a LOT of Can am units out there and I hear all the hype about those machines. I was wondering what specifically makes them a better unit that a polaris sportsman or Yamaha Kodiak, etc
I also see that Polaris makes a 'Can am' type looking machine called the highlifter model. Was wondering if anyone had any feedback on those machines??

the Polaris machines are fairly easy to work on (Im not a mechanic by any means, but I can change brake parts/do oil changes/etc - I like to be able to fix my machine myself when possible./
Are the Can ams easy to work on?

They definitely are more expensive than most of the other quads on the market.

I dont always bury myself in deep mud when we go riding (with wifey and son) , but I dont shy away from the mud when we encounter it. If I go with a Can AM, it would probably have to be something 3-5 yrs old due to the price. I would IDEALLY like to spend around 12-13K MAX

Just wanted to get some opinions from others here who have maybe owned Can am's/Polaris/other machines.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. thanks (BTW, Im located in Edmonton AB if that makes any difference)
If your still looking for a quad,we have a 2021 Polaris 1000 scrambler Xp touring which made it a two up, removed the two up seat due to broken handles, has 288 klicks on it 13,000

Top Bottom