Looking for new boat, opinions?

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at buying a new wakeboard/surf boat. 20-22ft v drive. What do you guys run? Pros and cons? Thanks

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a brand new Malibu Axis 22 foot boat so far its been awesome well only 3 hrs on it If your interested in a test ride in one PM me and you can come out for a ride

Attachments

• axis.jpg
    axis.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 372
  • axis 3.jpg
    axis 3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 362
  • axis 5.jpg
    axis 5.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 371
  • axis2.jpg
    axis2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a brand new Malibu Axis 22 foot boat so far its been awesome well only 3 hrs on it If your interested in a test ride in one PM me and you can come out for a ride

a friend of mine has one of these, a all blue vandal edition. Its a nice boat and for the price compared to the others is awesome.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the Nautique, love mine, fit and finish second to none in my opinion. I have an SV211 Air Nautique Team Edition. It's 21' has ballast tanks in the belly and port/starboard in the stern. If your on a heavily chopped up lake, the 20-21' boats won't really cut through the waves, and it's a pretty rough ride, when you get into the 23' and bigger boats, they have a wider beam, they're longer and heavier, and you get a lot smoother of a ride in the big waves. With the V drives, backing up takes some pre-planning since you can't steer them in reverse, the stern will always go to one side or the other depending on your prop rotation. It definitely takes some practice getting the swing of things in that department. You also have to make sure that the boat launch you go to is deep enough, since you won't be trimming up or down. Best thing to do, in my opinion, is to narrow down your search and go to each dealer and go for a ride, take your boards and go for a couple of sets, they are only too happy to do this for potential customers. Wizard Lake marine in Calmar will take you out to wizard lake with whichever boat you are interested in. Another thing to look for is storage, I notice a HUGE difference between my boat and my buddies 23' mastercraft xstar. Night and day really. Back lockers are way deeper than mine and the storage compartments in the bow are deeper as well. So there's my .02 worth. :)

Sent from my iPad

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you get a chance to ride in a Sanger V215 you will be impressed! Handles huge rough water know problem and is a solid solid boat with lots of storage and one of the best wakes for surfing and boarding and still a great boat the slalom ski behind and when you have 10-12 people in it, it does not feel crowded. If you are ever out at koocanusa pm me and I will take you out.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the Nautique, love mine, fit and finish second to none in my opinion. I have an SV211 Air Nautique Team Edition. It's 21' has ballast tanks in the belly and port/starboard in the stern. If your on a heavily chopped up lake, the 20-21' boats won't really cut through the waves, and it's a pretty rough ride, when you get into the 23' and bigger boats, they have a wider beam, they're longer and heavier, and you get a lot smoother of a ride in the big waves. With the V drives, backing up takes some pre-planning since you can't steer them in reverse, the stern will always go to one side or the other depending on your prop rotation. It definitely takes some practice getting the swing of things in that department. You also have to make sure that the boat launch you go to is deep enough, since you won't be trimming up or down. Best thing to do, in my opinion, is to narrow down your search and go to each dealer and go for a ride, take your boards and go for a couple of sets, they are only too happy to do this for potential customers. Wizard Lake marine in Calmar will take you out to wizard lake with whichever boat you are interested in. Another thing to look for is storage, I notice a HUGE difference between my boat and my buddies 23' mastercraft xstar. Night and day really. Back lockers are way deeper than mine and the storage compartments in the bow are deeper as well. So there's my .02 worth. :)

Sent from my iPad
I would never Deal with Wizzard Lake Marine ever again there were good when I handed them the cheque for the boat after that ass clowns Buying a new mastercraft from Martins in a couple years

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would never Deal with Wizzard Lake Marine ever again there were good when I handed them the cheque for the boat after that ass clowns Buying a new mastercraft from Martins in a couple years
Lol I would never deal with Martin's ever again. Ordered in a new mastercraft and got it last spring, but the trailer was all chipped up and damaged from delivery, and they had to replace a couple parts of it, so whatever we kept it in our hoist at the lake. But it's now a year and a half later still no trailer, even after calling every couple weeks, they keep ordering the wrong parts. Now the fuel gauge doesn't work on the boat and the ballast tanks won't stay full and they said it will be 3 weeks before they can look on it, what a joke

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol I would never deal with Martin's ever again. Ordered in a new mastercraft and got it last spring, but the trailer was all chipped up and damaged from delivery, and they had to replace a couple parts of it, so whatever we kept it in our hoist at the lake. But it's now a year and a half later still no trailer, even after calling every couple weeks, they keep ordering the wrong parts. Now the fuel gauge doesn't work on the boat and the ballast tanks won't stay full and they said it will be 3 weeks before they can look on it, what a joke
HAHA looks like we are all screwed

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nautique are beauty but very expensive!! I have owned a supra and now a centurion enzo.. I will buy another supra next. Enzo is nice and great surf boat but no where near the quality of supra.. Haven't found a dealer I would recommend yet though.

Top Bottom