looking for a new wheeler

upnorth

Reaction score
hi iam looking to replace my sportsman 500 and would like some feed back on what is out there from people. I am thinking of a a xp 850 or sportsman 800 any pros or cons? The other one is the mudpro by artic cat?

09 650 xt

Reaction score
I've only herd the sportsman is a little too much like a tank and is hard on your back through out the day. I just got an 09 outlander 650 that was priced well and is more quad than I could have ever expected :eek:
Pulling 1300 lbs and a 3000lb winch It doesn't even struggle when I'm slammed in a mud hole or dragging my friends broken toys out of the woods.
I and many others are stuck on Can Am ask any one of em they would buy again every time :beerchug:

H2O

Reaction score
I like all three of my quads for different reasons. the XP is the smoothest riding machine of the three, the can-am is the quickest.
The X2 Polaris is the best work horse and still is quite smooth, converts to a 2 up in 15 seconds and is no slouch in the power department either.
The sportsmans are heavier but are definetly not hard on your back.

KIM

Reaction score
hi iam looking to replace my sportsman 500 and would like some feed back on what is out there from people. I am thinking of a a xp 850 or sportsman 800 any pros or cons? The other one is the mudpro by artic cat?

Hello I had 05 800 & it didnt miss a beat but i bought a850xp with power
steering & it is awsome

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would look at an 850 with power steering. the ride is amazing and there is no steering effort. Its got great power and at the end of the day your body doesn't hurt.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Can Am has a new mud machine that is quite slick as well, its called the Outlander 800R Xmr. It allready has 30" silverbacks, the rad is relocated, its snorkled, right from the factory.

Attachments

• Outlander800RXmr.jpg
    Outlander800RXmr.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 53

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 sportsman800 and I totally love this machine it has tons of power and I have had no problem with it except some repair work from hitting an ice heave on the river doing 45 but it doesn't matter what your riding it won't take that. But the cats are really heavy for what you get they just weld and brace the heck out of the frame. I just dont feel comfortable on a cat because it feels like you're sitting way above everything.

Top Bottom