Looking for a good restaurant

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So our Anniversary is coming up. And I told the wife I'd take her to a restaurant.

Any decently good restaurants in the Edmonton/surrounding area?

She's usually chicken or pasta.
I know I'm going steak.
And our 4 year old will be with us.

Looking on line there's a ton of options. So Looking for some real life feed back.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ruth Chris downtown Edmonton is the best. It carries a high-end image and good food. But the Chop steakhouse is my jam. They did not deny maskless or VAX pass any customers. That is where I go now, I will not spend money anywhere that discriminated against me or others.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife and I did Chianti on 82ave. Good Italian food. Not a real fancy place.

Tony's pizza palace is good too. Again not fancy, but good pizza and pasta.

If your after a fancy place I'm the wrong guy to give advice, I'd rather a hole in the wall restaurant with good food.
I'm looking for good food. Other than the usual main stream places.

Last edited:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chop has good steak, but for chicken or pasta there is better options. Buco is really good for pasta, never tried their steak but anything i've had there is good. I also like how you can sub the sides and get their pasta as a side to the steak, short ribs, etc.

Reactions: RXN

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The

If your after a fancy place I'm the wrong guy to give advice, I'd rather a hole in the wall restaurant with good food.
I haven’t been to Edmonton for a few years but I agree with Chianti’s if you are into pasta/Italian. Also, there is the Sicilian Pasta Kitchen on the west end of Jasper that is good but rather expensive compared to Chianti’s and the not that much above as far as service and quality.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Chianti’s in Calgary is my fave restaurant too. The Al Pacifico is to die for.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Koutouki is a really good Greek restaurant if you’re in to that. They have a chefs special option on the menu where they bring smaller portions of lots of different things, all were really good. Been twice, very low key and quiet both times.

Gyu Kaku - Korean BBQ, different and fun environment. Good selection.

Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse - All you can eat, tons of sides options, lots of variety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
XIX Nineteen. Rated number 2 in Alberta. My daughter is a chef there. It’s a nice fancy place. High end food, as a red neck I never really know what I am getting but the food is amazing! It’s pretty awesome place! It’s an open kitchen so you watch the chefs make the food it’s pretty neat. Considered a European style kitchen. If you go there and see the chef in her early 20’s that’s my daughter

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s close to cabelas to just across the Henday so you can always stop there because you’re in the area lol

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or if you want a steak cheap out DOSC (Drunk Ox Sober Cat) it’s pretty awesome! They have a tomahawk cut steak that’s $178! They bring the steak out to you before they cook it and you chose witch one you want.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or if you want a steak cheap out DOSC (Drunk Ox Sober Cat) it’s pretty awesome! They have a tomahawk cut steak that’s $178! They bring the steak out to you before they cook it and you chose witch one you want.
That would be cool. Wife said hard no on that. But I may have to check it out on my own sometime

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Red Meat - RGE RD
Seafoood - Sabor

Never been to myself but hear good things - Workshop Eatery

We recently had a night out with friends in Sherwood Park at Polos Social Lounge and the food/service were both amazing!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good friend of mine has been going to Cafe Amore Bistro for years and swears it's the best Italian restaurant in Edmonton.

Top Bottom