Looking for a finish carpenter/cabinet maker.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As the title suggests, I'm needing two built-ins fabricated in my house.
If you fit the bill, please post/pm me some pics and we can go from there.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If no one out there can do this type of work, you must know someone that does.
Help a fellow Snow n Mudder out. :beer::beer:

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to have a shop. You can go to any of your local cabinet shops and they will be able to do it for you. As long as there an actual manufacturer and not a retail store selling cabinets that they buy from a supplier.

You will likely pay a finish carpenter more in the long run than what you will pay a cabinet shop. Plus the cabinet shop has the proper tools for hinges and adjustable shelving, sprayed lacquer finish etc.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to have a shop. You can go to any of your local cabinet shops and they will be able to do it for you. As long as there an actual manufacturer and not a retail store selling cabinets that they buy from a supplier.

You will likely pay a finish carpenter more in the long run than what you will pay a cabinet shop. Plus the cabinet shop has the proper tools for hinges and adjustable shelving, sprayed lacquer finish etc.
X2 I'm a contract cabinet installer, journeyman joiner. You need someone that has access to a shop.The type of work your looking for doesn't come cheap. You need a smaller specialized shop the deals in custom cabinetry.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

X2 I'm a contract cabinet installer, journeyman joiner. You need someone that has access to a shop.The type of work your looking for doesn't come cheap. You need a smaller specialized shop the deals in custom cabinetry.

Thanks for the input guys.
Will start looking for a cabinet maker around Red Deer. :thumbsup2:

I know it won't be cheap. My dad did this type of work as a hobby and would do it for me but he's 5000 km away.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep i would love to help you out as this is my bread and butter so to speak, but i think me being 300km north from red deer puts a bit of an added cost in ... and work is stupid busy still.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep i would love to help you out as this is my bread and butter so to speak, but i think me being 300km north from red deer puts a bit of an added cost in ... and work is stupid busy still.

Thanks for the offer.
Have you worked with any of the shops around here to give me a recommendation?

Top Bottom