Long Lakes new power unit

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well after spending the last three years using the Rhino as my power unit here is the
latest puller, it will be warmer and a whole lot quieter.
Put the tracks on to day and drove it on the gravel and grass, pulls nice should be a great
unit. :)
If you would like to see the whole build go to the N.E. Alberta section and click on (Riding at the Lake)
See you on the trails
Don

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 401
  • image-02.jpg
    image-02.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 420
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
looking forward to seeing photo's of the completed pull unit, and drag combination!

Nice work Don, your dedication to the sport in the Long Lake Area is outstanding!

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks
The build is moving forward, added an temperature monitor for the transmission and the rear diff,
the light bar worked out great, a 30 inch LED forward and a double 15 in LED facing rearward, it will be daylight all the time when grooming this season.
Put about 5 km on the tracks just running around on the road here at the Lake without issue. This little rig will be soo nice in the power department compared
to the Rhino. With the Rhino I had two cutting blades on the Drag, with the Geo I will put a two more blades on the Drag and it will save me from going over the same ground more than a couple times to knock the moguls down. :cool:

Attachments

• geo light 2.jpg
    geo light 2.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 316
  • geo lights.jpg
    geo lights.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 308

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well folks
The build is moving forward, added an temperature monitor for the transmission and the rear diff,
the light bar worked out great, a 30 inch LED forward and a double 15 in LED facing rearward, it will be daylight all the time when grooming this season.
Put about 5 km on the tracks just running around on the road here at the Lake without issue. This little rig will be soo nice in the power department compared
to the Rhino. With the Rhino I had two cutting blades on the Drag, with the Geo I will put a two more blades on the Drag and it will save me from going over the same ground more than a couple times to knock the moguls down. :cool:

very cool Don! Where is the groomer going to attach? just to the trailer hitch? what about your controls for the drag?

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Tyler
The groomer is connected to the hitch and the height is adjusted by Hitch Jacks bolted to skis and the groomer frame. It is
the Flintstone version of adjustment but works well:)

Attachments

• drag2.jpg
    drag2.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 257
  • drag.jpg
    drag.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 277

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well pulled the groomer out today with the Geo, the grass had grown in around it over the summer so it was stuck to the
grass, didn't want to break it loose by hand I wanted to see if the power was there. Well it didn't move on the first tug, it actually spun the sprocket on the track
so I put the Geo in 4x4 and it pulled without any problem. Good lesson, and I always groomed in 4x4 with the Rhino so nothing will change with the Geo.
So pulled it down the bush trail from my back yard to the street without issue and then down the pavement again with out any effort. The transmission temperature probe works well, I didn't get the rear diff. warm enough to register on that gauge. While pulling in the bush and on the pavement the transmission would not shift out of 1st gear, not too surprized there was a lot of resistance on that terrain.
We loaded the groomer onto my trailer and will take it to Edmonton for some mods and a new paint job.
So in the end the Geo will pull without issue and sure has the power to groom.
See you on the trails
Don

Top Bottom