LLY Duramax Low Oil Pressure

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Appreciate all the responses. Truck is parked for the summer and just haven’t had a chance to look at it yet. Will sometime later this month though

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looking for the live eop sensor data

Now you mean low, so less than 1/4 on the gauge right

You realize that 200 kpa or the 1/4 tick, is 30 psi oil psi, and is a normal thing
mine is a lbz but on idle after she warmed up good will sit 1 tick below the 200 mark

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So that's probably 25 psi

At idle and hot, totally normal
Hey Tex, bringing this back up. I removed the hypertech tuning from my truck and seems to have solve the issue, a bit. Still hits low pressure once on a long drive quickly then goes away (only when stopped). When im driving the needle is erratic but always on the low side, except for warm up. Again, makes me think it is electrical (dash) as I replaced the sensor last year.

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You really should put a gauge on it to confirm. There’s multiple easily accessible oil gallery ports in the passenger side of the block to tap into plus at least one on the oil cooler/filter head. My money is on it being the stepper in the cluster but for my peace of mine I’d confirm it first if it was my truck.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You really should put a gauge on it to confirm. There’s multiple easily accessible oil gallery ports in the passenger side of the block to tap into plus at least one on the oil cooler/filter head. My money is on it being the stepper in the cluster but for my peace of mine I’d confirm it first if it was my truck.

That/ my next step. Trying to find a shop or friend that can do this for me.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Tex, bringing this back up. I removed the hypertech tuning from my truck and seems to have solve the issue, a bit. Still hits low pressure once on a long drive quickly then goes away (only when stopped). When im driving the needle is erratic but always on the low side, except for warm up. Again, makes me think it is electrical (dash) as I replaced the sensor last year.
On my d max, few summers ago before I deleted my dpf, pulling the trailer, hot and ac on, and truck is doing a regen when we got to Cranbrook

At a stop light I see the dic and Bing Bing Bing go off, low oil psi, gauge was way down, gave it a touch of gas and it came up to just below the 200 kpa

Since deleted, never seen it low or had dic go off

I'm pretty sure, the oil was just that hot and thinned out, and a regen put it over the normal drop when hot

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my d max, few summers ago before I deleted my dpf, pulling the trailer, hot and ac on, and truck is doing a regen when we got to Cranbrook

At a stop light I see the dic and Bing Bing Bing go off, low oil psi, gauge was way down, gave it a touch of gas and it came up to just below the 200 kpa

Since deleted, never seen it low or had dic go off

I'm pretty sure, the oil was just that hot and thinned out, and a regen put it over the normal drop when hot

Interesting that’s what solved it for you. I found a thread on Thursday about the two main electrical harnesses on the driver side above the turbo. I opened them both up, cleaned with an electrical cleaner, air dried and the bc put back together. Problem gone
Will see if this lasts

Too Many Toys

Reaction score
Interesting that’s what solved it for you. I found a thread on Thursday about the two main electrical harnesses on the driver side above the turbo. I opened them both up, cleaned with an electrical cleaner, air dried and the bc put back together. Problem gone
Will see if this lasts
Any pics of the connections that you cleaned? I have same truck. Thanks.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bet. Can get those for you today

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any pics of the connections that you cleaned? I have same truck. Thanks.

IMG_0182.jpg

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bale connectors. Sometimes the pins can push back in them. They look fine when unplugged but aren’t locked and push back when you plug them in. Should do a light push with a small screwdriver or pull from the backside on each pin to make sure they are seated. Corrosion is rarely an issue there though which is good.

Top Bottom