Lloydminster, what is it like?

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Considering moving to Lloyd, wondering if anyone can give me some feedback. Im guessing these days the SK side is better (Wall instead of Notley) but what is the city like? I've been there before, but it was at least 10 years ago and only really came to town to sleep or work on the trucks.

No kids, so schools not a consideration.

Jasper is our go to camping destination, full hookups and endless trails to take the dogs hiking. Anything similar around Lloyd? Obviously not the Rockies lol, but camping/hiking.

Is there a trail system in the city?

Looks like over 30k people, so would be bigger than any town I've ever lived in, so more amenities. Still not too far from Edmonton though.

Thanks for any feedback or experiences.

Last edited:

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, ok so theres 5 timmy hos.

Anything beyond that?

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quite afew bike paths on alberta side going to bud miller park, good wide walking/bike path
also following 36st from ab/sk border going west,then you can head south towards bud or north
towards hyw 17.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live there for 2 years back when the O&G industry was healthy (2010 and 2011).. IMHO it is a very run down town (city). There is nothing exciting around there to do, bars and trouble are pretty much your only bet. As mentioned, the Tim Hortons and McDonald's drive thru's are the busiest I have seen, especially after the bars close. I moved from a small town in southern sask at that time, and would never move back to Lloyd.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's likely one of the ****tiest places in the province!! Virtually a flat treeless whitecourt!

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Considering moving to Lloyd, wondering if anyone can give me some feedback. Im guessing these days the SK side is better (Wall instead of Notley) but what is the city like? I've been there before, but it was at least 10 years ago and only really came to town to sleep or work on the trucks.

No kids, so schools not a consideration.

Jasper is our go to camping destination, full hookups and endless trails to take the dogs hiking. Anything similar around Lloyd? Obviously not the Rockies lol, but camping/hiking.

Is there a trail system in the city?

Looks like over 30k people, so would be bigger than any town I've ever lived in, so more amenities. Still not too far from Edmonton though.

Thanks for any feedback or experiences.
If you like lakes and camping you are pretty close to some awesome lakes around Meadow Lake provincial park.

Top Bottom