lifting magnet

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: help wtb lifting magnet

Really though if your just dumping into a dumpster it's going to just end up in a landfill. Buried. Your just burning more fuel (less of which your grand kids will have) Find some evergreens I think I heard they like metal in there soil....

On the other hand I'm in the heavy equipment business, and i have personally never seen a small enough magnet for a skid steer. The magnets I have seen are big and bulky. Hydraulic driven to a generator etc. The one scrap yard that I seen one they seem to not even use it that much and use a big claw attachment instead.

i here ya...but i was hoping there would be a smaller one available. this is an ongoing delema and so i need a long term solution other than a bunch of holes dug...lol i have scrap steel from the crates as well and need to keep it all together until i have enough for some one to pick up..

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
took a load of sleds/and parts to calgary scrap dealer. $170 a tonne for scrap steel. .45 cents a pound for aluminum. just saying.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Problem Solved............16000............Ouch!

jasonmt

Reaction score
thats exactly what i need...but for less...: ) :) :) anyone got a used one?

or stolen..... jk ..... used.....

T

Terry:

I am pretty sure that this one uses a skid steer hydraulic powered 110V AC generator, might be considerably cheaper without the generator (I am pretty sure that you may have one or two Yammy Inverters kicking around), or just get the magnet and hang it off a set of forks (again powering it with a genset).

Top Bottom